Vietnamese travelers to benefits from post-Covid-19 tourism incentives
The Hanoitimes - Vietnamese people will prefer to travel freestyle or with families and friends using family vehicles.
As the first industry to plunge due to Covid19, tourism is expected to be the first industry to rebound in the pandemic aftermath. Vietnamese travel businesses have presented enticing tour packages to domestic destinations this traveling season.
With no end of the pandemic insight in the next three months and world tourism activities are being paralyzed, traveling inside the country is seen as a way-out to save airlines and travel businesses.
And catering to the leisure need of Vietnamese travelers is the competition of around 2,700 tour operators serving inbound and outbound tourism. A series of offerings at reasonable price have been released to lure domestic tourists after the social distancing period ends and air transport has been normalized.
According to VietSense Travel’s CEO Nguyen Van Tai, tour operators are able to offer products at discounted prices thanks to promotion programs launched by airlines and hotels who sacrifice profits to build customer base.
However, tourism rebound is predicted to be tough as the summer vacation would be very short due to the long school and work break to curb Covid 19 pandemic.
Diverse options are there for domestic tourists to travel at reasonable costs, according to local insiders. In the new normal context, local people will prefer to travel freestyle or with families and friends using family vehicles.
The Vietnam Tourism Association plans to organize the launching ceremony of tourism stimulus program in all three regions across the country in mid-May. There will be two options of tour prices. The first one is 20 - 30% cheaper than regular tours but the service quality remains unchanged. The second is to keep the price but increase the premium service for guests.
- Vietnam transport ministry eyes resumption of international flights
- Vietnamese travelers to benefits from post-Covid-19 tourism incentives
- Promos launched to revive Hanoi's tourism
- “Stay at home with Vietnam” online tour launched for foreigners in Covid-19 time
- Hard hit by Covid-19, Vietnam tourism companies go online
- Vietnam Airlines U-turns to transport passengers from Europe to Vietnam
- Hanoi craft villages urged to apply new technologies to promote products
- Vietnam tourism industry prepares post-epidemic plans
- Vietnam tourism industry takes strong hit from cororavirus
- Vietnam’s two biggest airports stop receiving arrivals from South Korea
In new normalcy, Hanoi seeks to lure more investment
Hanoi seeks permission to use proceeds from SOE sales for urban railway projects
Japan, Philippines, South Korea plan to reopen borders to Vietnam
Chinese contractor demands extra US$50 million to operate Hanoi’s first metro line
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi