Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
The Hanoitimes - All the casualties are old people with chronic diseases.
Two more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam have died on Tuesday morning, driving up the death toll to eight so far.
|Emergency rehearsals for Covid-19 patients in Quang Nam General Hospital. Photo: Baoquangnam|
Meanwhile, around 10 others are in critical condition, according to the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
The eighth dead victim is a man identified as Patient No.496 from Danang. End-stage renal disease, sepsis, acute heart failure, and Covid-19 are the causes of the death, according to the committee.
This man, who got hemodialysis treatment and sepsis, tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on July 28 and was treated at Danang Hospital. Since then, he was in critical condition and under support of ventilators.
The seventh casualty is a women living in Danang, identified as Patient No.426. She died early Tuesday due to end-stage renal disease, septic shock, multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS), and Covid-19.
She had lived on the support of hemodialysis treatment for 10 years. She was admitted to Danang Hospital on July 18.
Vietnam recorded the first death of Covid-19 on July 31.
Hospitals in Danang are believed to be coronavirus hot spots after the resurgence of SARS-CoV-2 in the community in Vietnam on July 25.
Associate Prof. Luong Ngoc Khue said there remain around 10 Covid-19 patients who have pre-existing diseases are in critical condition.
So far, all coronavirus deaths in Vietnam are the elderly with chronic illnesses.
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
- August 23: Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll rises to 27
EVFTA to help realize Vietnam's high-income status ambition: Expert
UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
Slow extension of FiT scheme hurts investor appetite in Vietnam wind power: GWEC
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread