My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
The Hanoitimes - The AFC.com selected the Vietnamese stadium as one of the five best stadiums in Southeast Asia.
The My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi has recently been ranked among the five best sporting arenas in Southeast Asia by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), according to the Vietnam Football Federation.
|The My Dinh Stadium. Photo: VGP|
The stadium is a multi-purpose venue, located in the National Sports Complex, 10 kilometers to the west of Hanoi's downtown. With a capacity of 40,192 seats, the stadium was inaugurated in 2003 on the occasion of the 22nd SEA Games.
Then in 2007, the My Dinh Stadium hosted the AFC Asian Cup in Southeast Asia. At this tournament, the Vietnamese team won 2-0 against the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the opening match before advancing to the eight finalists.
The other four best stadiums are Stadium Australia (Sydney, Australia), Gelora Bung Karno Stadium (Jakarta, Indonesia), National Stadium (Bukit Jalil, Malaysia), and Rajamangala Stadium (Bangkok, Thailand). According to the AFC, the stadiums are not only symbols of architecture but also home for clubs, teams and fans.
Asia currently owns some of the best quality stadiums in the world which are most of the time full of football fans to cheer on their favorite teams.
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
- Amazing annual Tet market selling antiques in Hanoi
- Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
- Ample activity agenda to celebrate upcoming Tet in Hanoi
Hanoi donates face masks to New York to support Covid-19 fight
Hanoi’s residents alarmed at indoor air pollution
Specific criteria needed for Vietnam to attract FDI into priority areas
What to do in Hanoi in 24 hours?
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi