My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
The Hanoitimes - The AFC.com selected the Vietnamese stadium as one of the five best stadiums in Southeast Asia.
The My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi has recently been ranked among the five best sporting arenas in Southeast Asia by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), according to the Vietnam Football Federation.
|The My Dinh Stadium. Photo: VGP|
The stadium is a multi-purpose venue, located in the National Sports Complex, 10 kilometers to the west of Hanoi's downtown. With a capacity of 40,192 seats, the stadium was inaugurated in 2003 on the occasion of the 22nd SEA Games.
Then in 2007, the My Dinh Stadium hosted the AFC Asian Cup in Southeast Asia. At this tournament, the Vietnamese team won 2-0 against the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the opening match before advancing to the eight finalists.
The other four best stadiums are Stadium Australia (Sydney, Australia), Gelora Bung Karno Stadium (Jakarta, Indonesia), National Stadium (Bukit Jalil, Malaysia), and Rajamangala Stadium (Bangkok, Thailand). According to the AFC, the stadiums are not only symbols of architecture but also home for clubs, teams and fans.
Asia currently owns some of the best quality stadiums in the world which are most of the time full of football fans to cheer on their favorite teams.
- Hanoi hosts 11th European-Vietnamese Documentary Film Festival
- Hanoi hosts Shining Full Moon program
- Vietnamese users like variety in content on Youtube
- Hanoi hosts German Film Festival 2020
- Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
Vietnam well-positioned for IT firms globally: Experts
Hanoi residents must wear face masks in public places, crowded events: Official
Hanoi, Foreign Ministry partner to enhance city's position and image
Vietnam to finalize legal framework for smart city model
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam