Another strong cold spell chills Hanoi and northern Vietnam
Hanoi residents are advised to keep warm to protect their health in the chilly cold weather.
The northern region of Vietnam, including Hanoi has been experiencing another cold snap this weekend, according to the National Centre for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting (NCHMF).
As a strong cold front caused the temperature in Hanoi to drop to 11 degrees Celsius on Sunday, local residents are advised to keep warm to protect their health in the cold weather, particularly those in mountainous areas.
Temperatures in Hanoi started to dip in the early morning and the cold has been exacerbated by a light shower. Photo: Kinhtedothi,vn
Temperatures in the capital city started to dip in the early morning, and the cold has been exacerbated by drizzly weather since last night.
The weather was especially challenging for children, the elderly, and those who had to leave home early in the morning.
The intense cold snap is expected to strike the north and north central regions from January 17-18, the NCHMF said, adding that the lowest temperatures in Hanoi will be between 8-14 degrees Celsius during this time.
The temperature drops to 4-7 degrees Celsius in provinces of Cao Bang, Bac Kan, Lang Son, Ha Giang, Lao Cai, among others. Some mountainous areas such as Sapa, Mau Son and Nghe An had temperatures of below zero.
Later, bitter and severe cold spell will last 2-3 days following January 20, the center forecast.
Earlier, bone-chilling cold weather has ravaged the northern region and many central localities between January 7 and 11, severely affecting local lives and production.
Around 400 schools in the northern mountainous province of Son La allowed their students to stay at home from January 11 because of the chill.
More than 100 cattle have died in some mountainous areas of Lao Cai and Quang Tri provinces due to the cold weather.
- Hanoi Book Fair 2022 reopens after two years
- Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
- Hanoi identifies public investment central to economic recovery
- Hanoi launches action month for drug prevention and control 2022
- Vietnam moves to next development phase in combating corruption: Party chief
- Singapore’s Infrastructure Asia seeks cooperation with Hanoi
- Some 70 investors want to renovate degraded condominiums in Hanoi
- Hanoi expects high-quality investment projects from Daewoo E&C
- Hanoi ensures public satisfaction with public services
- Hanoi creates nearly 118,000 jobs in H1
India naval ships visit Vietnam
Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
Vietnamese list among most willing travelers
A sanction, provocation, or testing option?
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism