April 8: Vietnam reports two new coronavirus cases, convalescents double
Over the last days, the number of convalescents has been on the rise.
Vietnam on April 8 confirmed two more people infected with the novel coronavirus while four patients have fully recovered and been discharged of hospital.
|A medical worker checks temperature of residents in an affected area in Hanoi. Photo: Zing|
The latest cases has raised the country’s coronavirus count to 251 while the number of people allowed to leave hospital rose to 126.
Since the start of the national isolation period on April 1, Vietnam has seen the increasing number of convalescents, higher than the newly-confirmed cases.
Data: Ministry of Health. Chart: Linh Pham
Notably, the number of Covid-19 suspects has sharply decreased, to 2,537 as of April 8, from 3,736 as of April 4, and nearly 4,700 as of April 3, statistics by the Vietnam Public Health Emergency Operations Center (PHEOC) showed.
People suspected of contracting SARS-CoV-2 are those who came into close contact with Covid-19 patients or those coming from epidemic-hit areas and having disease symptoms like coughing, fever, and shortness of breath.
Over the past few days, the number of tests for coronavirus has jumped as Hanoi boosted mass testing to promptly detect community transmissions that have worried local authorities.
After Bach Mai Hospital is identified as a coronavirus hot spot, Hanoi has tracked down people who had come to the hospital from March 10 to record their health conditions. Rapid testing booths have been set up across the city.
So far, Vietnam has taken 110,124 coronavirus tests.
- Vietnam's child coronavirus vaccination drive kicks off in HCMC
- Australia, Vietnam launch US$37M human resource program for 2021-2025
- Vietnam’s biggest Covid-19 makeshift hospital to be closed
- Vietnam to contribute US$5 million medical supplies to ASEAN
- Hanoi hospital lockdown ends
- Vietnam starts Covid-19 vaccine administration for children aged 12-17
- Vietnam strives to fully vaccinate 95% of adolescents against Covid-19
- Vaccines and treatment drugs - key solutions to fight Covid-19 in Vietnam
- Vietnam receives 740,000 Russian-made vaccine doses
- Vietnam successfully produces first batch of Russian Covid-19 vaccine
ASEAN, Japan to stabilize supply chains
EVFTA provides platforms for businesses to navigate Covid-19 impacts
Vietnam's child coronavirus vaccination drive kicks off in HCMC
Vietnam postpones 31st SEA Games to May 2022
Vietnam in need of national strategy for veggie exports to EU
Vietnam donates Laos US$2 million for pandemic fight
Mao Bookstore - the oldest bookstore in Dinh Le Street
Vietnam’s biggest Covid-19 makeshift hospital to be closed
UN Security Council holds emergency meeting over North Korea