Central Retail to invest US$1.1 billion for business expansion in Vietnam
Vietnam is forecast to become one of the fastest and most attractive markets in the world.
Thailand’s Central Retail announced its five-year plan to invest US$1.1 billion for its business expansion in 55 provinces and cities in Vietnam.
|Big C Thang Long supermarket in Hanoi. Photo: Thanh Hai|
The retailer said that Vietnam’s service industry will continue to grow strongly in 2021,
making Vietnam one of the fastest and most attractive markets in the world. It is the reason for the new investment of Central Retail.
The plan focuses on developing multi-sectoral platform to improve customer experience, branding for non-food categories as well as enhancing its presence in urban and rural areas to strengthen its dominance in Vietnam, Philippe Broianigo, CEO of Central Retail in Vietnam, said.
To improve customer experience, the retailer will develop the omni-channel including nguyenkim.com and supersports.com.vn, build e-commerce stores on Lazada, Shopee and Tiki and cooperate with food apps such as Grab, Now, Beamin and Chopp. By the end of 2020, sales revenue from the omni-channel contributed 5% to the retailer’s total revenue.
After nine years of operating in Vietnam, the food industry is an important category for the retailer which contributed nearly 70% to the total revenue of Central Retail.
“We plan to promote the food category along with the potential of Vietnam's retail industry. We will continue a suitable and flexible way of doing business towards sustainable development,” emphasized CEO of Central Retail Corporation Yol Phokasub.
With 37 commercial centers and 230 stores with a total area of 1 million m2 in 39 provinces, Central Retail in Vietnam serves an average of 175,000 customers per day.
- Thai Cafe Amazon expands business in Vietnam
- Central Retail to invest US$1.1 billion for business expansion in Vietnam
- E-solutions help MSMEs speed up digital transformation
- AEON Mall Vietnam to build US$190-million shopping center in Bac Ninh
- FDI commitments in Vietnam surge 18.5% in Q1
- VNR plans expansion of shopping centers at train stations in Vietnam
- Austria-based AT&S ponders US$1.8-billion hi-tech project in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City to support 1,000 innovative start-ups in 2021-2025
- Vietnamese unicorn invests US$6 million in digital gifting platform
- Vietnam allocates US$120 billion for public investment in 2021-25 period
Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors