Covid-19: Hanoi closes bars, karaoke lounges, historical relics
The Hanoitimes - The city has decided to extend the school breaks till the end of the month.
Hanoi will close bars, karaoke lounges and historical relics from now to the end of March after the city found the sixth case positive with the new coronavirus.
|Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee. Photo: Laodongthudo|
Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the municipal People’s Committee made the request at a meeting on Friday morning, saying that the move is aimed to minimize infection risk and prevent the city from being an epidemic zone.
Meanwhile, all hotels and lodging facilities are asked to check visitors from epidemic-hit areas and report to the authorities information of visitors, especially those from the UK and Italy who have stayed there from March 3.
All Vietnamese citizens coming from the Europe should take care of themselves and restrain from contact with their family members.
For localities under high risk of virus transmission like Hoan Kiem district, the head of the local government asked people to avoid the crowd, and shop sellers should wear facial masks and keep a safe distance with customers.
People with high risk of infection like drivers and tour guides should isolate themselves and call emergency when showing symptoms of the disease.
The city will continue to close schools from kindergarten to secondary until March 29 while the break of high schools will last till March 22.
- Hanoi reveals design of new bridge crossing Red river
- Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
- Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
- Hanoi's face mask donation arrives in New York
- Hanoi keep striving to balance sex ratio at birth
- Hanoi replicates creative methods to combat plastic waste
- Hanoi seeks to restart zoning plan for Red river
- Hanoi targets hi-tech farming to make up 70% of total agricultural production value
- Hanoi bans raising cattle and poultry in urban areas
- Hanoi to intensify tourism promotion on internet, foreign TV channels
US committed to making US-Vietnam ties “a model of international cooperation and partnership”: Pompeo
US companies continue to see tremendous investment opportunities in Vietnam
Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
Vietnam commended for improving access to e-public services
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget