Dragon dance livens up pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem lake
The Hanoitimes - Dragon dance performance responds to the campaign "Vietnamese people travel Vietnam", and contributes to promoting the value of heritage in tourism.
A dragon dance performance was held at the walking streets around Hoan Kiem lake over the past two days by the Hanoi Cultural Center to mark the complete weekend re-pedestrianization of the area in the post-social distancing period, local media reported.
The performance responds to the campaign "Vietnamese people travel Vietnam", and contributed to promoting the value of heritage in tourism.
Besides the dragon dance, a wide range of art performances have been staged over the weekend here, showing the martial spirit and the quintessence of typical intangible cultural heritage of Hanoi as well as the whole country, including singing and martial arts demonstrations. These activities are expected to lure more visitors to the capital city.
The traditional dragon dance was performed by two troupes who had been selected from dozens of troupes from Thanh Tri and Chuong My districts.
“We are honored to be invited to perform on the pedestrian streets. In order to give the audiences the best spectacles, we maintained high intensity training for several days in a row,” Chairman of Tuong Nghia Street Club Bui Viet Tuong said.
Nguyen Thi Thuy from Ba Dinh district shared her impression: “I really like watching dragon dances. Today, the teams gave us a spectacular performance.”
"I hope in the weeks ahead, more attractive activities will be held on the pedestrian street," Thuy said.
Lion-dragon dance is a Vietnamese long-standing traditional art, with a view to bringing peace and prosperity to every home.
The beautiful and professional dance performance cheers up the space of Hoan Kiem walking street.
Many people were impressed by the performance.
|The event attracted a large audience.|
- Colorful “Hanoi – a green destination” lures massive tourists
- Exhibition on Vietnam old-time propaganda paintings opens in Hanoi
- Dragon dance livens up pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem lake
- Golden Bridge brings Vietnam photographer Best Architecture Photo Contest 2020
- Diverse cultural activities in Hanoi held to celebrate national holidays
- Photo taken by British photographer in Hanoi wins Grand Prize in US contest
- Online fine art exhibition held to mark 45th anniversary of national reunification
- Paintings about life in quarantine area inspire Vietnamese people
- Vietnamese photographers shortlisted at Sony World Photography Awards 2020
- Vietnam in the world best photos of #Water2020
“Extraordinary progress of the US-Vietnam relationship is not an accident”: Ambassador Kritenbrink
Effective Covid-19 response will further boost Vietnam’s status as an attractive market: AmCham
Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
Covid-19 impacts on Vietnam economy not fully reflected in 6-month data: CIEM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget