Exhibition “Paintings on Tale of Kieu” underway in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - Ninety-six oil paintings featuring themes inspired by the Tale of Kieu - a masterpiece of Vietnamese poetry written by Nguyen Du are on display by devotee artist.
An exhibition entitled “Paintings of the Tale of Kieu” is underway at the Vietnam Fine Arts Museum, Hanoi to commemorate great poet Nguyen Du on the occasion of his 200th death anniversary (1820-2020).
A work by painter Nguyen Tuan Son
The exhibition of painter Nguyen Tuan Son, whose nickname is ‘Son Kieu’, consists 96 oil paintings featuring themes on the Tale of Kieu- a masterpiece of Vietnamese poetry written by Nguyen Du.
The exhibition is expected to bring a new perspective on human values of familiar characters appeared in the epic poem through their portraits. The author wishes to have a cultural space for Kieu and Ho Xuan Huong in the capital, contributing to the development of art education and to national culture.
These selectively artworks are considered achievements of more than 20 years of pursuing research, exploration and creation inspired on the Tale of Kieu by painter Nguyen Tuan Son. The abstract paintings are created in accordance with the artist's emotions, thus, visitors have to view them carefully many times and ‘read between brushstrokes’ to understand the hidden meaning in each painting.
The exhibition will last until November 23, 2020.
- Exhibition resumes 5-year creation of Vietnamese fine arts
- Hanoi launches photo book “Temple of Literature”
- Outstanding photos awarded at Vietnam Photo Expression 2020
- Visitors can visit One Pillar Pagoda in Hanoi via virtual reality technology
- Artifacts on display to commemorate “aerial Dien Bien Phu battle”
- Photo expo to highlight beauty of Vietnam culture heritage and creativity
- Ede ethnic’s ritual ceremony to be performed in Hanoi
- Exhibition “Paintings on Tale of Kieu” underway in Hanoi
- Marta Kisiliczyk’s exhibition: Spotlight in year celebrating Vietnam-Poland ties
- Hanoi exhibition opens to celebrate victory of “aerial Dien Bien Phu battle”
Second stimulus package needs to focus on most affected sectors
Hanoi to ban motorcycles by 2030
Hanoi to host golf festival 2020
Vietnam wins at World Travel Awards 2020
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18