Fitch Solutions cuts Vietnam’s 2020 growth forecast to 2.6% from 3.0%
The Hanoitimes - Fitch Solutions maintains forecast for an 8.2% rebound in 2021, assuming freer international movement of persons.
Fitch Solutions has revised down its GDP growth forecast to Vietnam to 2.6% from the previous 3.0% given a slower pace of recovery than previously anticipated.
Vietnam’s real GDP grew by 2.6% year-on-year in the third quarter (Q3) this year, significantly higher than a 0.4% expansion in Q2, with the recovery mainly attributed to a rebound in services growth.
“Our forecast continues to reflect our view for Vietnam’s economic recovery to gain steam in the final quarter and into 2021, supported by manufacturing, construction, and services.
Fitch Solutions said it maintains forecast for an 8.2% rebound in 2021, assuming freer international movement of persons, which would support a tourism rebound and better containment success externally for most of the year, especially in major export destinations for Vietnam such as the US and Europe, which would support external demand.
“Vietnam’s dependence on trade for growth means that persistent weakness in external demand as major western economies continue to struggle with their Covid-19 outbreaks will drag on the pace of recovery in Vietnam’s manufacturing sector,” the agency said in a note released on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, barring another episode of localized tightening of restrictions in Vietnam due to another domestic outbreak, services growth is likely to strengthen somewhat over the final quarter, supported by domestic demand.
- Deputy PM urges state-run firm Vinacomin to speed up privatization
- Vietnam gov’t to facilitate digitalization among local firms
- PM approves legal assistant program for SMEs in 2021-25
- Vietnam's economy is forecast to grow 6.8% annually in 2021-25
- PM warns of “bumpy road” dragging down economic growth
- Siemens Gamesa intensifies presence in Vietnam’s wind industry
- Vietnam urged to deepen skills development for transition to Industry 4.0
- Car sales in Vietnam surge 45% in 2020 final month
- Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic
- Vietnam – Rising star in Asia’s shifting supply chains: EIU
Vietnam takes last-minute check ahead of the National Congress
Google’s campaign to promote Vietnam Tourism
Vietnam leaders congratulate US President Biden
Vietnam, Australia to strengthen ties to strategic partnership by 2023
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress