Vietnamese flood streets to celebrate historic football victory
The Hanoitimes - Most of the football fans wore shirts printed with the national red and yellow star flags, brewing horns and hitting drums to celebrate the vicotory of Vietnamese squad.
Streets in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and provincial capitals across Vietnam were flooded with football fans who were excited with Vietnam's historic win of the SEA Games 2019 men's football gold medal.
Supporters also carried flags of South Korea (the home country of Vietnam national coach Park Hang-seo) to celebrate at Nguyen Hue pedestrian zone.
A family hit the road in Ca Mau waving national flags to celebrate the victory.
A female supporter raised her scarf printed with the word “Vietnam” at a pedestrian zone.
A group of football fans in Ho Chi Minh city.
Students of Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City sing the National Anthem.
The vibrant atmosphere at Nguyen Hue pedestrian zone. Football fans waived national flags to celebrate the victory in Ho Chi Minh City.
A young supporter in Nha Trang.
Can Tho city became noisy as streams of supporters beat drums, blew horns while walking down the streets with joy and happiness.
Jungles of red and yellow star flags on the streets.
In Hanoi, the main routes from Pho Hue street to Hang Bai, Hang Bong, Hang Gai, Hoan Kiem Lake were flooded with tens of thousands of supporters shouting “Vietnam Champion”.
In Long An, thousands stormed to the city’s center for the celebration. The supporters raised the golden cup replica. Many trucks carrying bunches of fans also joined in the crowds. The police and civil guardians were mobilized to ensure security.
|Thousands flooded to Nguyen Hue pedestrian zone in Ho Chi Minh City and cried out words of excitement.|
Photo by VnEpress
- Amazing annual Tet market selling antiques in Hanoi
- Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
- Ample activity agenda to celebrate upcoming Tet in Hanoi
- Four coffee shops with enchanting view for photography lovers in Hanoi
- Three countdown parties will be held downtown Hanoi to welcome 2020
- Fantastic “Hong Kong Alley” in hub of Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Thousands of people in Hanoi, HCM City flock downtown to celebrate Christmas
- 2020 K-pop Super Concert to rock up My Dinh National Stadium next January
- Netflix streams more Vietnamese movies from December
What to know about Tet holiday in Vietnam?
Life gets back to normal in Dong Tam after deadly clash
Hanoi streets decorated stunningly for Lunar New Year festival 2020
Vietnam PM approves national strategy for financial inclusion until 2025
Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
Debt maturity in 2020 – 2021 to put pressure on Vietnam’s state budget
Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
Vietnam targets to have 100,000 digital firms by 2030
Archbishop of Hanoi extends Tet greetings to municipal government