Free face mask ATMs in Hanoi help needy people combat Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - Besides Hanoi, many face mask dispensers have been installed across the country.
In Hanoi, a number of ATMs delivering face masks for free have been installed, as an effort to join hands in preventing and repelling Covid-19.
At street intersections, there are “ATMs” that offer free face masks.
|A free face mask ATM in Hue street.|
The first free face mask ATMs in Hanoi have been put into operation, contributing to the prevention and control of Covid-19 in the community, especially for self-employed workers and needy people.
|When queuing for masks, people keep a distance of two meters from each other.|
Simply by pressing the button on the dispenser, people receive the face mask.
The so-called face mask ATM is sometimes just a box.
People open the box and take out face masks.
Due to the large number of people in need of face masks, each person is entitled to up to three free face masks.
Nguyen Nam from Hanoi said that this action is very meaningful as it encourages people to mask up. He also hopes to see more free face masks dispensers across the city.
The machine first ran in Ho Chi Minh City on August 6. It is an initiative launched by Hoang Tuan Anh, a local resident, based on his own idea of the acclaimed automatic rice dispenser in Ho Chi Minh City, popularly known as the rice ATM for people in need affected by the pandemic in April. The idea of the rice dispenser was later replicated in many other localities across the country.
Photos: Pham Hung (Kinh te & Do thi)
- Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
- Colorful Hanoi’s street with mid-autumn toys and decorations
- Long Bien bridge - witness of Hanoi's history
- Flag raising ceremony in Ba Dinh Square to mark National Day
- Hanoi village famous for making national flags in past 7 decades
- Red flags and banners color Hanoi on National Day
- Free face mask ATMs in Hanoi help needy people combat Covid-19
- Hanoi on first day of enforcing social distancing at eateries, bars
- Danang’s second field hospital completed, ready to treat Covid-19 patients
- Hanoi conducts rapid Covid-19 tests on returnees from Danang
Vietnam president attends Army Party Congress
How Vietnam could stamp out second wave of coronavirus
Renewables are solution to Vietnam's power thirst
Urgent steps needed for Vietnam to attract high quality FDI
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread