Gardeners in Hanoi gear up preparing bonsai trees for upcoming Tet holiday
The Hanoitimes - A perfect kumquat tree full of fruits may cost around VND2 million (US$86).
As Tet is drawing nearer, several gardeners in Tay Ho and Bac Tu Liem districts in Hanoi, among other ornamental trees areas, are preparing to bring their unique plants and trees to downtown.
The owners of kumquat gardens in the traditional craft village of Tu Lien are rushing to prepare for Tet.
The pots are carved with the familiar images of communal houses in the village, buffalo, among other landscapes and objects of Vietnam's countryside.
The kumquat pallets are ready to be taken to the local market.
An owner of a kumquat garden in Tu Lien village said that perfect kumquat trees full of fruits may cost around VND2 million (US$86).
The traditional kumquat trees seem to be less preferred than the tinier bonsai kumquat, which is planted on pots of different shapes.
This year, many people rushed to buy kumquat trees in the middle of the Lunar Eleventh month, which falls in the middle of December.
The colors of the kumquat trees match with the red color of parallel sentences.
There are several pots in rat shape, this lunar year's zodiac symbol, and the other 11 animals as well as the Sanxing (Deities) who are Fu (Happiness), Lu (Prosperity), and Shou (Longevity).
Aside from growing kumquat trees, gardeners also plant flowers including roses or daisy to decorate the altar during Tet.
- Hanoi builds up policies for Chau Van singing cultural heritage preservation
- Creative industries could greatly contribute to Hanoi's GRDP
- Hanoi Open Dragon Boat Racing Festival 2020 held on West Lake
- Hanoi promotes reading culture
- Dishes made from green rice – Hanoi’s flavor of autumn
- Thanh Chuong Mansion: Artistic architecture work in Hanoi
- Hanoi relics reopen doors to visitors from May 14
- Hanoi Book Street closes until end-March on Covid-19
- Religious sites in Hanoi desolate amidst epidemic fears
- Buddhist pilgrims flock to Tay Ho Pagoda on Tet
Hanoi's economic growth set to reach 3.94% this year
Domestic violence, gender-biased sex selection: Roots of gender inequality in Vietnam
Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
Thuy Ta ice-cream, one of Hanoi’s peculiar culinary features
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam