Aerospace group ASG to expand aviation personnel training in Vietnam
The Hanoitimes - Over the past few years, Vietnam’s aviation market has been sustaining a two-digit growth rate, while the introduction of new airlines has also put high quality personnel in the industry on high demand.
Cyprus-based Avia Solutions Group (ASG), a global aerospace business group, wants to expand investments in Vietnam by establishing airplane maintenance facilities, training aviation personnel and aviation services, according to Gediminas Ziemlis, ASG President.
|Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue (R) and ASG President Gediminas Ziemlis. Source: VGP.|
In addition to the huge potential of Vietnamese aviation market, ASG may also look for opportunities in railway transportation in the country, said Ziemlis in a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue on January 15.
Currently, ASG has opened BAA Training Vietnam, a flight simulator training center in Ho Chi Minh City with investment capital of US$63 million, as well as airplane rental services to airlines in Vietnam.
Deputy PM Hue welcomed ASG’s investment initiative, saying the Vietnamese government has been implementing measures to create a favorable business environment which is compatible with international standards.
Hue said Vietnam would continue to privatize state-owned enterprises, which is a favorable condition for financial investors such as ASG to join this process in areas the company has interests in such as aviation, railway, banking and pharmacy, among others.
Over the past few years, Vietnam’s aviation market has been sustaining a two-digit growth rate, while the introduction of new airlines has also put high quality personnel in the industry on high demand.
- Rate of Vietnam households reporting lower income narrows more than half: WB
- Japan–Vietnam cooperation in tech, digital transformation set to flourish
- Rooftop solar: New segment helps investors diversify investment portfolios in Vietnam
- Government, firms are key to create breakthroughs in Vietnam digital economy
- 124 Vietnam national brands generate over US$60 billion
- Vietnam’s solar M&A set to heat up
- Vietnam Fin Min rules out extending supporting program for domestic cars
- Bottlenecks in Vietnam’s renewable energy development
- PM Phuc urges local textile firms to play active role in global fashion industry
- Vietnam honors 11 major renewable energy projects in 2020
Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
Hoan Kiem lake - the heart of Hanoi
Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
Snapshots of beautiful West lake in Hanoi
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam