Google Doodle celebrates Vietnam’s Mid-Autumn Festival
The Hanoitimes - It is one of the activities promoting cultural values, arts, famous people and nature of Vietnam with daily Google Doodle.
Google Doodle commemorates today [October 1] Vietnam’s Mid-Autumn Festival or Tet Trung Thu, an annual holiday observed on the date of the harvest moon–the first full moon after the autumnal equinox.
|Google Doodle celebrates Vietnam’s Mid-Autumn Festival 2020|
One of Vietnam’s most significant holidays, Tet Trung Thu provides a festive occasion to gaze up at the sky and celebrate the year’s harvest.
Also known as the Children’s Festival, the celebration is eagerly anticipated by many Vietnamese youth excited to display their red, star-shaped lanterns and enjoy the holiday’s signature dish: mooncakes.
“These small cakes come in countless varieties, from the sweet to the savory; if you’re lucky you just might find a salted egg yolk at the center, symbolic of the bright full moon around which this holiday orbits,” Google Doodle wrote.
The Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the biggest festives in Vietnam when mostly young people and children pour into the streets to contemplate the full moon.
- Photo of Covid lockdown in Hanoi wins int’l award
- ASEAN traditional costumes displayed at exhibition in Hanoi
- Google Doodle celebrates Vietnam’s Mid-Autumn Festival
- Collection of Community Cultural Heritage stories introduced in Hanoi
- Google Doodle celebrates Vietnamese folk opera
- 13 best pictures win Vietnam's national travel photo contest
- Paintings of Vietnam peaceful village life go viral
- Hanoi hosts exhibition of digitized masterpieces “Magister Raffaello”
- Google Doodle celebrates Vietnam National Day with typical images
- Exhibition held to mark 75th anniversary of August Revolution
Vietnam hardens crackdown on toxic media content, with Facebook, Google concessions
French experts to arrive in Hanoi soon for metro safety evaluation
Sweden willing to support Vietnam to embrace Industry 4.0: Ambassador
Hanoi proposes solutions for replacing plastic ware
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam