Hanoi, HCMC among most popular travel destinations in Asia
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi is introduced as a “feast for the senses” from its picturesque temples and pagodas to vibrant markets.
Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s two largest cities, have been named among the most popular travel destinations in Asia, according to the US-based magazine Reader’s Digest.
|Tran Quoc Pagoda, one of the most favorite destinations in Hanoi. Photo: Shutterstock.|
“Despite modern developments, history remains on display throughout. Stroll the narrow streets of the Old Quarter. Visit the creepily fascinating Hoa Lo Prison turned museum. Ogle impeccably preserved traditional Vietnamese architecture at the Temple of Literature, the former site of a Confucian academy,” Reader’s Digest wrote.
The US magazine also suggested tourists to escape the capital Hanoi for an afternoon of exploring the emerald waters and islands of Halong Bay.
Earlier, CNN Travel named Hanoi as one of Asia’s most appealing destinations with history stretching back 4,000 years.
Also listed as one of the most preferred choices for visit in Asia, Ho Chi Minh City is home to Notre-Dame Cathedral and the 19th-century Central Post Office.
The US magazine also suggested a number of attractions such as Ben Thanh Market overflowing with food, handicrafts, and souvenirs. The incense-filled Jade Emperor Pagoda, War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, and Giac Lam Pagoda are must-visit places.
|Ho Chi Minh City as one the most popular travel destinations in Asia. Photo: Shutterstock.|
“Don’t leave without touring the fruit orchards, paddy fields, and marshlands of the Mekong Delta. And make sure to avoid these stressful vacation mistakes,” it wrote.
The remaining Asian destinations in the list included Tokyo (Japan), Bangkok (Thailand), Singapore, Beijing (China), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Kyoto (Japan), Seoul (South Korea), Macau (China), Hong Kong (China) and Sri Lanka.
- Vietnam among most searched places for visiting once travel ban lifted
- Where to see ripening rice fields in North Vietnam
- Domestic air travel surges in Vietnam
- Vietnamese enterprises build unique regional products to attract tourists
- Vietnamese people to travel confidently domestically: Google
- Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay listed among 50 most beautiful natural wonders: Insider
- Hanoi, HCMC among most popular travel destinations in Asia
- Leonardo DiCaprio calls for protection of Halong Bay’s sister in Vietnam
- Vietnam among first countries likely to reopen travel industry: WeSwap
- Vietnam is safe, hospitable country for travelers: Australia’s 7News
Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
Lawfare in the South China Sea weighs on with EU Three rejection
How significant is Vietnam-US oil and gas cooperation?
Hanoi authorities to conduct public satisfation survey
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread