Hanoi hosts German Film Festival 2020
The Hanoitimes - The German Film Festival Vietnam has become a must-see in the culture calendar for many Hanoi cinephiles.
The German Film Festival 2020 is underway in Hanoi from September 12 to October 10, with an expectation to bring the best of German cinema to the Vietnamese audience.
The event features eight German films subtitled in both Vietnamese and English with 13 screenings at 8pm on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday evenings at the Hanoi National Cinema Center.
Through the German Film Festival, Vietnamese cinephiles not only have the opportunity to enjoy excellent films of different genres, but also update their knowledge on prevailing trends and themes in the German movie industry as well as explore German culture, life and politics.
Among eight movies, “System Crasher”, directed by Nora Fingscheidt, won the Silver Bear award at the Berlin Film Festival 2019 along with 30 other international prizes.
Launched by the Goethe-Institut since 2010, the German Film Festival regularly tours through major cities in Vietnam. This year, as a result of measures implemented due to Covid-19, the dates for the screening of films in Danang, Hoi An, and Ho Chi Minh City have yet to be fixed.
- Hanoi hosts Shining Full Moon program
- Vietnamese users like variety in content on Youtube
- Hanoi hosts German Film Festival 2020
- Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
Vietnam president attends Army Party Congress
How Vietnam could stamp out second wave of coronavirus
Renewables are solution to Vietnam's power thirst
Urgent steps needed for Vietnam to attract high quality FDI
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread