Hanoi reopens bars, karaoke parlors from September 16
The Hanoitimes - The weekend walking space of Hoan Kiem lake and the surrounding area would be resumed from September 18.
After one and a half months of suspension, Hanoi’s authorities have allowed the reopening of karaoke parlors, bars and discos from September 16, provided that these establishments comply with Covid-19 countermeasures.
|Dao Duy Tu street in the city's Old Quarter. Photo: Nhu Y|
On September 15, at the meeting of the Hanoi Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control, Mr. Ngo Van Quy, Vice Chairman of the city People's Committee, said all the services will be restored as the city has gone 27 days without new locally- infected case since August 19.
Earlier, on August 1, the Hanoi city government requested all bars, pubs and karaoke parlors to close and customers at restaurants and supermarkets to keep a safe distance since the novel coronavirus resurfaced in Vietnam on July 25.
Such measures had been in place in Hanoi in March and April when the pandemic broke out in the city.
Since the coronavirus re-emerged in Danang on July 25, Hanoi has confirmed 11 local infections, all linked to Danang.
To ensure the dual goal of disease fighting and boosting economic growth, Hanoi’s authorities have decided to loosen the social distancing measures. The weekend walking space of Hoan Kiem lake and the surrounding area would also be restored from September 18.
Mr. Quy said that the risk of infection is still palpable, especially when the government has allowed the resumption of international air travel in the coming days. He, therefore, asked units and local people to take preventive measures such as wearing face masks in public places or on public transport, washing hands with soap or sanitizer, and keeping a safe distance in social interactions.
- Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
- Innovation festival raises endogenous resources to promote Hanoi’s development
- Hanoi seeks government guidance in public procurement
- Hanoi strictly handles illegal entries to prevent coronavirus intrusion
- 62% of agricultural cooperatives in Hanoi operate efficiently
- Hanoi strengthens law compliance to improve business environment: Mayor
- Hanoi focuses on infrastructure development to reduce traffic congestion
- Hanoi pushes for disbursement of public funds
- Vietnam Local Specialties Fair 2020 to help local firms embark on e-commerce
- Hanoi seeks comment on best zero-milestone maker designs
Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
Hoan Kiem lake, fantastic place in the heart of Hanoi
European businesses see Q4 investment more promising in Vietnam
How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam