Hanoi looks to comprehensive cooperation with India’s localities
The Hanoitimes - Ambassador Pranay Verma appreciated Vietnam's success in Covid-19 epidemic prevention.
Hanoi always attaches great importance to relations with India and is willing to enhance comprehensive cooperation with Indian localities, newly-appointed Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue said at a reception for Indian Ambassador to Vietnam Pranay Verma on February 27.
|Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue receives Indian Ambassador to Vietnam Pranay Verma on February 27. Photo: Hanoimoi|
Hue hoped that the two sides would continue to promote cooperation in the time ahead. Hanoi is aiming for innovation to improve labor productivity, support startups, and in this endeavor, the municipal government needs Indian experiences, he added.
Emphasizing that the Covid-19 epidemic is spreading in many Asian countries, paralyzing the supply of raw materials, the Hanoi party secretary wished India could become a new provider of input materials and a new market for textile products of Hanoi in particular and Vietnam in general.
For his part, Ambassador Pranay Verma appreciated Vietnam's success in Covid-19 epidemic prevention, affirming that Hanoi has created a safe environment for expats in the city.
Agreeing with Hue’s recommendations, the ambassador said that India is making great efforts to promote economic, trade and investment cooperation with Vietnam.
He wished that Vietnamese enterprises will increase investment in India in the coming time.
Regarding the International Yoga Day 2020, Pranay Verma said that the Indian side is keeping abreast of the Covid-19 evolution and hoped that Hanoi's government will facilitate the event.
- Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
- Hanoi receives donation of 10,000 test kits to combat Covid-19
- PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
- Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
- Hanoi finds another positive coronavirus case linked to Danang
- Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
- Hanoi runs RT-PCR test on nearly 100,000 returnees from Danang
- Negative coronavirus rapid test results still imply transmission risk: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi to call for EU investment in pharmaceutical and hi-tech industries: Mayor
- 800 Hanoian returnees from Danang to undergo concentrated quarantine
August 9: Vietnam reports 2 new Covid-19 cases, including 1 in Hanoi
Vietnam: Fifteen Covid-19 convalescents volunteer to donate plasma
Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
Hanoi's longest wall-painting road
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors