Hanoi strives to have all communes meeting new-style rural area standards in June
The Hanoitimes - The city will this year promote the implementation of the national program on new-style rural areas and agricultural restructuring for better living standards of people in rural areas for the period 2021-25.
Hanoi strives for 100% of its rural communes to meet standards for new-style areas by June this year, according to the Hanoi Office of New Rural Development Program Coordination.
|100% of Hanoi’s communes meet new-style rural area standards this June. Photo: Lam Nguyen|
The standards include 19 criteria on different aspects such as infrastructure, irrigation, electricity, environment, income, education, healthcare, social security and culture, among these, nine criteria are used to assess district's annual performance.
Currently, there are seven new-style rural districts in the city, including Dan Phuong, Dong Anh, Thanh Tri, Hoai Duc, Quoc Lai, Gia Lam and Son Tay town; 367 out of its 382 communes achieved all the criteria with 18 of them being recognized as advanced new-style rural areas.
According to the Hanoi Office of New Rural Development Program Coordination, in 2021, the city will roll out Program No.4 on promoting the implementation of the national program on new-style rural areas and agricultural restructuring for better living standards of people in rural areas for the period 2021-2025.
Besides, the Office will also propose to the government, through the Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development, to recognize three districts including Me Linh, Chuong My and Ung Hoa as the new-style rural areas. It continues assessing and evaluating more communes with criteria of new-style rural, advanced rural and model rural areas.
- Initiatives to boost sales of Vietnamese agricultural products
- Vietnam puts in place measures to address illegal fishing
- Hanoi to launch 30-40 OCOP showrooms in 2021
- Hanoi supports sales of agro-products from Covid-19 hotspots
- Vietnam promotes export of processed agro-forestry-fisheries products
- Localities urged to promote sale of farm produce
- Vietnam fruit, vegetable exports decline in Jan on Covid-19
- UNDP assists Vietnamese farmers to sell on e-commerce sites
- Vietnam agro-forestry-fisheries exports to reach US$50 billion revenue by 2025
- Hanoi strives to have all communes meeting new-style rural area standards in June
Vietnam ready for its first vaccination program on March 8
A Vietnamese specialty is among CNN's nominations for 20 of the best soups around the world
Vietnam GDP growth projected to strengthen to 6.5% in 2021: IMF
Domestic tourism stimulation: March promotions launched
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
Online schooling - a challenge for students and teachers
Vietnam Airlines attendant prosecuted for spreading Covid-19