Hanoi takes action to promote handicrafts and OCOP products
The exhibition will run until December 8.
More than 200 contemporary ceramic works and other products under the One Commune One Product (OCOP) program as well as handicrafts by Hanoi artisans, skilled workers, and designers are on display at an exhibition to introduce typical rural industry items of the capital city in 2021.
|A local consumer is visiting the exhibition. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
Speaking at the opening event held last week, Tran Thi Phuong Lan, Acting Director of the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade said the exhibitions like this one will create opportunities for Hanoi artisans and craft villages to promote and sell handicraft and OCOP-labeled products to domestic and international clients, as well as preserve the value of traditional handicraft products.
Thereby it is expected to boost production and business activities, contributing to the recovery and development of the economy in the new normal, she said.
This was the first event in a series of exhibitions to be organized by the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade.
Earlier, Hanoi also held a program with the participation of 50 business households on sustainable production and consumption on December 3 in Thuong Tin District.
Traditional craft villages participating in the program were required to meet nine criteria in each stage of production, processing, and completion of a product and its distribution.
The activity aimed to implement the National Action Plan on Sustainable Production and Consumption in Hanoi in 2021.
- Vietnam seeks sustainable partnership with US in agricultural production
- Vietnam negotiates new markets for local farm produce
- Int’l agritech helps solve Vietnam pressing challenges in agriculture
- Vietnam joins Australia's new visa program for agricultural workers
- Digital transformation creates breakthrough for Hanoi farming
- Hanoi to pilot agricultural and rural tourism models this year
- Hanoi prioritizes sustainable development of agricultural production
- Vietnam announces strategy to become world’s major farm producer by 2030
- Bringing farm produce abroad: Role of overseas Vietnamese is significant
- Vietnam targets green and climate-resilient agricultural sector by 2030
Vietnam opens doors for foreign investors in new business fields: PM
Dream of a riverside city
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour