Hanoi mayor requires strict compliance of Covid-19 prevention protocol at school
The Hanoitimes - Students showing Covid-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat) need to be put under quarantine for timely testing and kept apart from classmates.
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung has asked teachers and students in the city to learn by heart the Covid-19 prevention protocol at school.
Addressing a meeting on May 4. Chung stressed that students showing Covid-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat) need to be put under quarantine for timely testing and kept apart from classmates.
|Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung speaks at the meeting. Photo: Cong Tho|
On May 4, secondary and high school students in Hanoi returned to school after a long break to prevent the Covid-19 pandemic. All teachers and students seriously followed protocol on preventing Covid-19 in school premises.
Besides, the mayor noted that due to Covid-19, many countries are unable to receive international students, including those from Vietnam. Ensuring education for those students is an issue for the city's educational sector to ponder.
At the meeting, Chung also asked relevant bodies to uphold vigilance and ready to deal with any Covid-19 situation. Health workers and medical equipment should be in the standby mode, because "medical preparation is a long-term task until the pandemic is contained and Covid-19 vaccine is found".
There are currently no approved vaccines or medication for the Covid-19, which has killed more than 250,000 people worldwide and infected some 3.6 million.
As of May 5, Vietnam has confirmed 271 coronavirus-infected cases, including 232 convalescents. Hanoi takes the lead in Vietnam in terms of case count with 112, of them 83 have fully recovered.
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- Fulbright University Vietnam receives USAID grant worth US$4.65 million
- A Hanoi university listed in QS world university rankings
- Hanoi: Int'l schools prioritize students' well-being in Covid-19 fight
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia's top 500
- First Vietnamese professor wins European Mathematical prize
- No need for students to wear anti-drop masks: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi mayor requires strict compliance of Covid-19 prevention protocol at school
- Vietnamese student wins Global Citizenship Student Award 2020
- Vietnam to hold national exam as Covid-19 is contained
Vietnam protests China's military exercises in South China Sea
Seismic surveys in Vietnam EEZ must be authorized by Hanoi: Spokesperson
Hanoi – safe investment destination post Covid-19
Hanoi committed to supporting businesses to overcome Covid-19 crisis: Mayor
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget