Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
The Hanoitimes - A solemn celebration, themed “Thang Long-Hanoi, Eternal Vitality” is expected to take place on October 10.
A series of events will take place in October in Hanoi on the occasion of the 1010th anniversary of the capital city's foundation, according to a plan by the Hanoi People’s Committee.
|Hanoi will host a series of cultural activities to mark 1010 years of Thang Long - Hanoi. Photo: daidoanket|
The celebration program, set to run from October 1 to 15, includes an incense offering ceremony, exhibitions, the launch of thematic books, cultural exchanges, sports competitions. along with a series of festivals such as the Hanoi Craft Village and Street Festival, the Hanoi Culinary Culture Festival 2020 as well as the Mobile Film Week.
Also on this occasion, at many cultural heritages of Hanoi, a series of workshops will be held under the theme “Shining the Thang Long-Hanoi’s cultural and heroic tradition”. On the list are a scientific workshop about King Ngo Quyen (March 12, 897 – February 14, 944); a call for literary and artistic creation; a knowledge contest to mark 1010 years of Thang Long – Hanoi and the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long recognized as a world cultural heritage.
Some provinces and cities nationwide including Hoa Binh province, Ca Mau province, Ho Chi Minh City will join the celebrations with diverse tourism promotion activities.
On this occasion, a series of public works will be inaugurated including the pedestrian bridge at the Hoang Quoc Viet - Nguyen Van Huyen intersection, and the completion of Nguyen Van Huyen street as planned (Ring Road No. 2.5); and a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a tunnel at the Le Van Luong - Ring Road No. 3 intersection.
- Five Hanoi streets closed to traffic for Mid-Autumn Festival
- UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
- Hanoi to cooperate with Thai investors in major urban infrastructure projects
- Hanoi closes bars, karaoke parlors failing to ensure anti-pandemic measures
- Hanoi to step up fight against corruption and harassment in administrative agencies
- Hanoi wants to end straw burning this year
- Hanoi to approve new mayor this week
- Hanoi authorities to conduct public satisfaction survey
- Hanoi proposes another metro line project worth US$2.8 billion
- Vietnam PM requests thorough studies for night economy development
EVFTA to help realize Vietnam's high-income status ambition: Expert
UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
Slow extension of FiT scheme hurts investor appetite in Vietnam wind power: GWEC
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread