Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
The Hanoitimes - A solemn celebration, themed “Thang Long-Hanoi, Eternal Vitality” is expected to take place on October 10.
A series of events will take place in October in Hanoi on the occasion of the 1010th anniversary of the capital city's foundation, according to a plan by the Hanoi People’s Committee.
|Hanoi will host a series of cultural activities to mark 1010 years of Thang Long - Hanoi. Photo: daidoanket|
The celebration program, set to run from October 1 to 15, includes an incense offering ceremony, exhibitions, the launch of thematic books, cultural exchanges, sports competitions. along with a series of festivals such as the Hanoi Craft Village and Street Festival, the Hanoi Culinary Culture Festival 2020 as well as the Mobile Film Week.
Also on this occasion, at many cultural heritages of Hanoi, a series of workshops will be held under the theme “Shining the Thang Long-Hanoi’s cultural and heroic tradition”. On the list are a scientific workshop about King Ngo Quyen (March 12, 897 – February 14, 944); a call for literary and artistic creation; a knowledge contest to mark 1010 years of Thang Long – Hanoi and the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long recognized as a world cultural heritage.
Some provinces and cities nationwide including Hoa Binh province, Ca Mau province, Ho Chi Minh City will join the celebrations with diverse tourism promotion activities.
On this occasion, a series of public works will be inaugurated including the pedestrian bridge at the Hoang Quoc Viet - Nguyen Van Huyen intersection, and the completion of Nguyen Van Huyen street as planned (Ring Road No. 2.5); and a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a tunnel at the Le Van Luong - Ring Road No. 3 intersection.
- Sleepless night in Hanoi as people looking for bargain deals
- Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
- Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
- Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
- Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
- Innovation festival raises endogenous resources to promote Hanoi’s development
- Hanoi seeks government guidance in public procurement
- Hanoi strictly handles illegal entries to prevent coronavirus intrusion
- 62% of agricultural cooperatives in Hanoi operate efficiently
- Hanoi strengthens law compliance to improve business environment: Mayor
Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
Vietnam targets mutual benefits in relations with China: PM
Xoi – the quintessential comfort food
Hang Trong folk painting - touch of legacy in modern life
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam