Hanoi to host flame lighting ceremony on May 6
Eleven athletes representing 11 ASEAN nations attending the SEA Games 31 will participate in the ceremony.
The ceremony to ignite the flame for the upcoming 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31) will take place on May 6 at Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi.
Hanoi will host a flame lighting ceremony on May 6. Photo: seagames21.com
Eleven athletes representing 11 ASEAN nations attending the SEA Games 31 will participate in the ceremony. They are outstanding sportsmen and sportswomen from Hanoi and other localities.
The police will lead the convoy made up of two open-top cars carrying the 11 outstanding athletes and 31 motorcycles representing the SEA Games with flags of countries and the Southeast Asian Sports Federation.
The delegation will lay a wreath at President Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum and then proceed to the museum to perform the fire kindling ceremony.
The flame will be kept at the shrine to President Ho Chi Minh at My Dinh National Stadium until the SEA Games 31 opening ceremony.
The opening ceremony of the event will be held on May 12 at My Dinh National Stadium. The flame will keep on burning until May 23 when the largest regional sports event closes.
Hanoi will host 18 sports events for SEA Games 31 in 15 venues. As of May 3, the city has basically completed the upgrading of all infrastructure works serving the event.
- Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
- Vietnamese Press Photo Exhibition debuts
- Hanoi dancers win three gold medals at National Amateur Dance Competition 2022
- Vietnam attracts tourists through ‘digital museum’
- Night tour to Thang Long Imperial Citadel: National history revives
- Winners of 11th International Artistic Photo Contest announced
- Ningyō: Art and Beauty of Japanese Dolls exhibitions
- Vietnamese in Moscow celebrate Children’s Day
- Various activities in Hanoi to celebrate children’s day
- ASEAN Film Week 2022 to debut in Hanoi
India naval ships visit Vietnam
Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
Vietnamese list among most willing travelers
A sanction, provocation, or testing option?
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism