Hanoi to organize 2nd OCOP livestream sale festival
The event will be broadcast live from 9am to 12pm on July 10, on two channels of OCOP Live and VTC Now.
The Hanoi OCOP-labeled specialty festival will take place on July 10 with an aim to promote sales through live streaming under Hanoi’s “Vietnamese people prioritize using Vietnamese goods” campaign.
|An overview of the first OCOP Livestream Festival. Photo: hanoi.gov.vn|
This is the second online event held in Hanoi this year, which is considered a helpful channel in the context of stagnant sales due to the pandemic complicated developments.
While the production of farm produces and sales are experiencing stagnation and even at the risk of being disrupted, e-commerce has been seen as a way out.
The event is among the efforts to carry out the "dual goal” of both preventing and controlling the pandemic safely, as well as enhancing economic development and ensuring social security. It is also aimed at promoting the “Vietnamese people to priority using Vietnamese goods” campaign in the new stage, and accelerating digital transformation in the agricultural sector to increase added value associated with sustainable development.
Nguyen Van Chi, Permanent Deputy Chief of the Hanoi Office of New Rural Development Program Coordination, Head of the festival's Organizing Committee, said Hanoi is one of the spearheads joining different actors in the production chain to promote trade of agricultural products, OCOP products and regional specialties.
“The development of an online distribution channel of agricultural products, as well as the application of digital transformation technology in production and trade will bring more opportunities to producers and customers. We will engage consumers through live streaming on social networks and e-commerce channels,” Chi said.
The event will be broadcast live from 9am to 12pm on July 10, at two channels of OCOP Live and VTC Now.
The first OCOP Livestream Festival was held on June 6.
- Vietnam seeks sustainable partnership with US in agricultural production
- Vietnam negotiates new markets for local farm produce
- Int’l agritech helps solve Vietnam pressing challenges in agriculture
- Vietnam joins Australia's new visa program for agricultural workers
- Digital transformation creates breakthrough for Hanoi farming
- Hanoi to pilot agricultural and rural tourism models this year
- Hanoi prioritizes sustainable development of agricultural production
- Vietnam announces strategy to become world’s major farm producer by 2030
- Bringing farm produce abroad: Role of overseas Vietnamese is significant
- Vietnam targets green and climate-resilient agricultural sector by 2030
Hanoi gives SEA Games 31 warm, thoughtful welcome
Dream of a riverside city
Hanoi promotes tourism among visitors attending SEA Games 31
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour
Vietnamese PM meets American giant corporations in Washington