About 120,000 suburban households to get safe water in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - By 2021, more 50 communes in suburban districts of the capital will have access to the clean water system.
The Hanoi Department of Construction strives to supply tap water for 50 communes with 120,000 households in suburban districts, increasing the proportion of the households having access to safe water to 85%.
|A facility to supply clean water in Me Linh district. Photo: Tung Nguyen|
To realize this target, the department will keep urging local investors to accelerate progress of water supply projects, especially in districts such as Thanh Tri, Thuong Tin, Phu Xuyen, Thanh Oai, Ung Hoa, My Duc, Chuong My, Thach That, Dan Phuong, Ba Vi, Me Linh and Soc Son.
At the same time, the department will assess and submit more water projects to the municipal People's Committee for approval. For areas unreachable by the city’s water grid, the department will build water supply works according to the cluster model.
The departmen reported that as many as 250,000 households with one million people in the southern Hanoi's suburban districts, including Chuong My, Ung Hoa, Thanh Oai and My Duc, are in the shortage of safe water.
The city strives to reach 100% of the people in suburban areas to have access to clean water by 2025.
- Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
- Vietnam to support Covid-19-affected workers on Tet holiday
- Hanoi to launch IT job trading floor this month
- Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
- Schools are almost empty as freeze hits northern Vietnam
- Vietnam ranked among 10 countries with world’s lowest unemployment rate
- Frosty cold spell hits Hanoi, northern Vietnam
- Hanoi to provide plentiful goods for upcoming Tet holiday: Official
- Covid-19 likely causes more maternal mortality in Vietnam: UNFPA
- Bad weather worsens air pollution in Hanoi
Hanoi to invest at least 1% of GRDP in sci-tech by 2025
Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
Vietnam tourism develops unique, unusual tours to lure visitors in 2021
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
Hanoi to host 10th Gymnastics & Sports Games Congress
Vietnam applies IT in imported goods quality control
Samsung Vietnam to recover its growth target after pandemic