Hanoi: Very bad air quality remains unchanged in some areas
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 147 to 225.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi hit the very bad level in some areas and saw no improvements, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 11 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 147 to 225.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, Hanoi’s AQI did not improve, the index has decreased but not significantly, with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (225), Pham Van Dong (219), and Hang Dau (216).
Other areas had AQI below 200 such as Thanh Cong, Trung Yen 3, Hoan Kiem, My Dinh. The area with the lowest reading was Kim Lien (147).
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 12 morning remains unhealthy
- Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
- 80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
- Japan’s JEBO apologizes for misunderstanding Hanoi mayor’s statement
- Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 10 morning still at unhealthy level
- Hanoi ranked second nationwide in number of enterprises
- WB willing to support Vietnam in climate change response and environmental protection
- Half of Hanoi’s AQI readings on December 9 at unhealthy level
- Hanoi’s air quality worsens to very bad level
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
Despite overall optimism, health remains top concern of Vietnamese consumers
Vietnam football dream comes true with “Vietnamese spirit”: Coach
Hanoi hospital downplays HIV test strip scandal
ADB revises up Vietnam’s GDP growth forecast amid dim outlook for Asia
Why foreign tourists hesitate to spend big in Vietnam?