Hanoi: Very bad air quality remains unchanged in some areas
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 147 to 225.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi hit the very bad level in some areas and saw no improvements, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 11 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 147 to 225.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, Hanoi’s AQI did not improve, the index has decreased but not significantly, with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (225), Pham Van Dong (219), and Hang Dau (216).
Other areas had AQI below 200 such as Thanh Cong, Trung Yen 3, Hoan Kiem, My Dinh. The area with the lowest reading was Kim Lien (147).
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi reveals design of new bridge crossing Red river
- Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
- Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
- Hanoi's face mask donation arrives in New York
- Hanoi keep striving to balance sex ratio at birth
- Hanoi replicates creative methods to combat plastic waste
- Hanoi seeks to restart zoning plan for Red river
- Hanoi targets hi-tech farming to make up 70% of total agricultural production value
- Hanoi bans raising cattle and poultry in urban areas
- Hanoi to intensify tourism promotion on internet, foreign TV channels
US committed to making US-Vietnam ties “a model of international cooperation and partnership”: Pompeo
US companies continue to see tremendous investment opportunities in Vietnam
Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
Vietnam commended for improving access to e-public services
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget