Hanoian girls posing with lotus flowers
The Hanoitimes - Defying the blazing sun, Hanoi's young girls dressed up to take photos with lotus flowers.
Every year, in the middle of June’s sweltering heat, lotus ponds around Hanoi such as West Lake, Xuan Dinh, and Dong Anh are blanketed with the beautiful lotus flowers of diverse colors, inviting photographers and young people, especially girls to take photos and create instagramable moments.
Every June, the blossoming lotus ponds invite Hanoians visit and take pictures. The lotus flowers miraculously match with the traditional Vietnamese costume of women, the Ao Dai. Girls in Ao Dai of all colors and patterns flock to the lotus ponds to take memorable snapshots.
Lotus blooms from mid-May to the end of June. The famous lotus ponds in Hanoi which are the favorable venue for taking pictures with lotus are West Lake and Xuan Dinh.
After hours under the blazing heat and sweating, the efforts are handsomely paid off as the pictures come out satisfactorily.
A girl poses with the flowers.
White “Ao Dai” adorns the beauty of pink lotus flowers.
The pure beauty of the girls fascinate passers–by and her viewers on Instagram.
The glamorous beauty of the lotus girl.
Photos: Pham Hung (Kinh te & Do thi)
- Colorful Hanoi’s street with mid-autumn toys and decorations
- Long Bien bridge - witness of Hanoi's history
- Flag raising ceremony in Ba Dinh Square to mark National Day
- Hanoi village famous for making national flags in past 7 decades
- Red flags and banners color Hanoi on National Day
- Free face mask ATMs in Hanoi help needy people combat Covid-19
- Hanoi on first day of enforcing social distancing at eateries, bars
- Danang’s second field hospital completed, ready to treat Covid-19 patients
- Hanoi conducts rapid Covid-19 tests on returnees from Danang
- To prevent Covid-19, Hanoians wear face masks everywhere
Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
Vietnam to push for trade and industrial cooperation with American partners
Vietnam uses locally-made test kits for incoming guests
Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread