Hanoi's face mask donation arrives in New York
The Hanoitimes - The face masks are made in Vietnam and certified to meet European standards.
A batch of face masks has arrived in New York as pandemic relief from Hanoi to New York City, one of the hotspots of coronavirus outbreaks in the US.
|Hanoi's donation to New York. Photo: VOV|
On July 9, two tons of face masks were handed over to New York City’s authorities by the Embassy of Vietnam in the US and the Permanent Mission of Vietnam to the United Nations, the Voice of Vietnam (VOV) reported.
Penny Abeywardena, New York City’s Commissioner for International Affairs, received the gift from Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy, representative of Vietnam’s Permanent Mission to the UN.
She appreciated the donation at a time when New York City is struggling with Covid-19.
The face masks are made in Vietnam and certified to meet European standards.
|Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy and Penny Abeywardena, New York City’s Commissioner for International Affairs. Photo: VOV|
The Hanoi city government on June 1 handed over 100,000 antibacterial cloth masks and 50,000 medical masks to the US city of New York in support of their fight against Covid-19, through the US diplomatic mission in Vietnam.
Since the beginning of the global health crisis, Hanoi has donated pandemic gift to a number of cities as part of efforts to partly contribute to the common fight against the virus.
So far, New York City has confirmed more than 223,000 coronavirus infections and more than 22,700 deaths. The city accounts for half of the state’s total infections.
At present, New York City is under social distancing and mask-wearing is mandatory in public places.
- A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
- Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
- Over 80% enterprises in Hanoi register for e-invoicing
- Hanoi to provide electric tourist car services at 8 locations
- Hanoi to quarantine nearly 1,000 people evacuated from Danang
- Health ministry checks two high-risk hospitals in Hanoi
- Hanoi to complete Covid-19 test for 75,000 returnees from Danang by August 20
- Hanoi rushes to test all returnees from Danang soon
- Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
Vietnamese consumers prefer using cashless payments
Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors