Historical radio station sketched by Hanoi urban artists
The Hanoitimes - The Bach Mai Radio Broadcast Station is a meaningful construction marking the birth of the radio and television industry in Vietnam.
Hanoi artists are rushing to save the last images of an ancient villa where the first broadcast of the National Radio the Voice of Vietnam (VOV) was carried out as they fear it would be demolished, clearing the ground for the construction of Ring Road 2, Tuoi Tre News Reported.
The house has been depicted through hundreds of sketch art pictures.
Due to its historical values as from here the Declaration of Independence was broadcast on September 7, 1945, the Voice of Vietnam has asked Hanoi People's Committee to halt the demolition work and find the best alternatives to preserve the villa and continue with building the vital Ring Road.
The Bach Mai Radio Broadcast Station is a meaningful construction marking the birth of the radio and television industry in Vietnam.
The villa is not only an old French building with historical imprints but also an amazing 107-year-old architectural work.
Some sketches of the iconic radio station:
Artist Chu Quoc Binh
The 100-year-old villa still retains the beauty of the flourishing period of French architecture in Vietnam - sketch by Luong Vu Lan Anh.
Sketch by Dinh Van Toan.
Sketch by Nguyen Gia Chieu.
Author: Nguyen Hoang Lam.
Author: Nguyen Thi Minh Ly.
Sketch by Pham Thu Huong.
Sketch by 8-year-old Tat Khanh.
- Google Doodles honor Vietnam's ca tru singing
- Exclusive souvenirs on sale at Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi
- Evolution of Hanoi's facelift over the last 20 years
- Connections Through Culture launched in Vietnam
- Historical radio station sketched by Hanoi urban artists
- Vietnam to be guest of honor at 2020 Havana International Book Fair
- Iconic Ao Dai in different periods displayed at museum in Hanoi
- Hang Trong folk paintings displayed through 3D mapping technology
- On exhibition 19th century Hanoi Citadel documents
- Chinese fashion collection angers Vietnamese on Ao Dai plagiarism
Hanoi looks to comprehensive cooperation with India’s localities
Hanoi committed to creating optimal conditions for foreign investors
Vietnam halts granting visa for South Koreans amid widespread Covid-19
Hanoi willing to cooperate with Kazakhstan’s capital city
CDC removes Vietnam from list of global epidemic zones
Covid-19 poses both challenges and opportunities for businesses: Indian amb.
Hanoi needs to conduct anti-coronavirus drills: Party chief
Hanoi quarantines 174 people returning from South Korea’s Covid-19-hit city
Covid-19 dampens Vietnam businesses’ optimism: Survey