ICT industry sets 45% of Make in Vietnam products by 2025
The industry targets 10 digital businesses, marking revenue of over US$1 billion each by 2025.
Vietnam’s ICT industry will move from outsourcing and assembly to mastering technology and making Make in Vietnam products and services, with the Make in Vietnam portfolio of over 45% by 2025.
|A production line of VinSmart factory at Hoa Lac Industrial Park. Photo: Vingroup|
The information was recently released by the Ministry of Information and Communications.
By 2025, the number of digital technology enterprises in Vietnam will reach 100,000, with at least 10 earning over $1 billion each.
At least 10 localities would have ICT revenue of over $1 billion. The revenue growth rate of the IT industry is expected to equal two or three times the whole country’s GDP growth rate.
To reach the ambitious target, the ministry said it will this year draft the Law on Digital Technology Industry to institutionalize the Party and State's guidelines on the development of digital technology.
The ministry will support the digital economy development through activities of research, creation, production, supply, and the application of products and services made by Vietnamese digital tech companies.
This year, the ICT industry revenue in 2021 reached $136.1 billion, up from over $124 billion in 2020.
Another 5,600 digital tech companies have been registered this year, totaling 64,000 businesses. The newly-established enterprises generated a revenue of US$18.8 billion, accounting for 13.8% of the total revenue of the information and communications technology industry (ICT).
The localization ratio of the industry’s revenue reached 24.65%, a significant increase compared to previous years.
- Global Blockchain Conference to be held in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
- VNPT, Casa System Group sign cooperation agreement
- Google creates trends for SEA Games 31
- Vietnam chooses October 10 as National Digital Transformation Day
- Vietnam - Asia DX Summit 2022 to promote development of digital businesses
- Vietnamese scientist receives Japan's Order of Rising Sun
- Ministry of Public Security asked to further strengthen cyber security
- Vietnam to release national digital platforms for virtual meetings this June
- Mekong Innovation Initiative kicks off in Vietnam
Vietnam opens doors for foreign investors in new business fields: PM
Dream of a riverside city
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour