Noi Bai Int’l Airport to get considerably expanded
The Hanoitimes - Under the government instruction, the planning adjustment must ensure the capacity expansion of Noi Bai International Airport to 100 million passengers per year.
Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung has instructed relevant ministries and localities to complete the adjustment of Noi Bai International Airport expansion planning.
|Noi Bai International Airport. Photo: TripSavvy.|
The Ministry of Transport and the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam has cooperated with the French ADPi Group to study the adjustment plan and has initially proposed seven options for the airport expansion.
These solutions aim to handle the rapidly increasing demand for air travel by 2030 and vision to 2050 of Hanoi and the neighboring localities, in the mean time ensure the safety and security.
Under the government instruction, the planning adjustment must ensure the capacity expansion of Noi Bai International Airport to 100 million passengers per year, in accordance with the enlargement of the Capital Area.
Noi Bai is expected to handle 20-25 million passengers by 2020.
The works inside the airport must ensure the efficiency and rational functions as well as in line with the advanced technologies of the aviation industry.
The project should minimize the use of land subject for compensation, especially land for residing, ensuring smooth land clearance and lowest rate of investment expenditure.
After being approved by the Prime Minister, the planning adjustment will be a foundation to build an investment planning and execution.
- Vietnam faces difficulty in raising funds for infrastructure
- Connectivity to bolster Vietnam’s integration in global markets: WB
- Vietnam exports 34 million tons of cement, clinker in 2019
- Vietnam’s construction market struggles for sustainable growth
- Overloaded infrastructure hinders development of Vietnamese aviation industry
- Noi Bai Int’l Airport to get considerably expanded
- Four million-dollar projects land in Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park this year
- Vietnam gov’t okays airport near Fansipan Mountain
- Open mindset needed for public-private partnership law: PM
- Vietnam orders installation of electronic toll collection nationwide by year-end
ASEAN foreign ministers express concerns about South China Sea developments
Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
Vietnam faces difficulty in raising funds for infrastructure
Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
Vietnam targets to have 100,000 digital firms by 2030
Archbishop of Hanoi extends Tet greetings to municipal government
Connectivity to bolster Vietnam’s integration in global markets: WB
Vingroup suspends airline project
How Asia can ride the digital wave to spur financial development?