Noi Bai Int’l Airport to get considerably expanded
The Hanoitimes - Under the government instruction, the planning adjustment must ensure the capacity expansion of Noi Bai International Airport to 100 million passengers per year.
Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung has instructed relevant ministries and localities to complete the adjustment of Noi Bai International Airport expansion planning.
|Noi Bai International Airport. Photo: TripSavvy.|
The Ministry of Transport and the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam has cooperated with the French ADPi Group to study the adjustment plan and has initially proposed seven options for the airport expansion.
These solutions aim to handle the rapidly increasing demand for air travel by 2030 and vision to 2050 of Hanoi and the neighboring localities, in the mean time ensure the safety and security.
Under the government instruction, the planning adjustment must ensure the capacity expansion of Noi Bai International Airport to 100 million passengers per year, in accordance with the enlargement of the Capital Area.
Noi Bai is expected to handle 20-25 million passengers by 2020.
The works inside the airport must ensure the efficiency and rational functions as well as in line with the advanced technologies of the aviation industry.
The project should minimize the use of land subject for compensation, especially land for residing, ensuring smooth land clearance and lowest rate of investment expenditure.
After being approved by the Prime Minister, the planning adjustment will be a foundation to build an investment planning and execution.
- Vietnam ODA disbursement meets 32% of targets in 9 months
- Disbursement of Vietnam public funds meets 57% of target in Jan-Sept
- Vietnam starts building 3 national expressway sub-projects worth US$1.6 billion
- Drastic measures needed to realize disbursement target of public funds
- Vietnam PM seeks ADB cooperation in disbursing US$900 million in 2020
- Vietnam PM warns of punishment for sluggish public investment
- Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
- Vietnam to start building North-South Expressway in September
- Vietnam transport ministry plans over US$17 billion to build expressways in 5 years
- Vietnam construction industry stays positive during Covid-19
Japan strongly condemns all acts escalating tensions in South China Sea: PM Suga
Japan PM Suga makes surprise visit to Hoan Kiem lake
Historic flooding in central Vietnam: 102 dead and 26 missing
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread