June 8: Vietnam has 3 fresh coronavirus cases, 95% of patients cured
The Hanoitimes - Up to 49 out of 50 foreign patients have been cured while Vietnam is doing its utmost to save a British pilot's life.
Vietnam confirmed three new Covid-19 positives on June 8, taking the tally to 332, of them 58% are imported, according to the Ministry of Health.
|British patient wakes up from coma and smiled again. Photo: Cho Ray Hospital|
The three new cases are Vietnamese nationals returning from overseas and were quarantined upon arrival in Vietnam.
Meanwhile, the number of people recovered from Covid-19 reached 316, accounting for 95.2% of total infections. 49 out of 50 foreign patients have been cured.
The remaining 16 patients are under treatment at seven health facilities, with health conditions being stable, five of them have tested negative for the virus.
On the same day, local media cited the Ministry of Health that Vietnam’s most critical Covid-19 patient, a 43-year-old British pilot, has his lung function recovered 60%. Insurance companies are likely to pay roughly VND3.5 billion (US$152,000) for his treatment.
More than 9,000 people are under quarantine. But the number is estimated to rise in the coming days from repatriated Vietnamese citizens.
So far, Vietnam has experienced 53 days without local infection.
In comparison with regional countries, Vietnam’s infections are pretty low, in contrast with Singapore with 38,296, Indonesia with 32,033, the Philippines 22,474, Malaysia 8,329, and Thailand 3,119.
- Vietnam to maintain strict control of foreign arrivals ahead of Tet
- Second made-in-Vietnam COVID-19 vaccine to begin human trials after Tet
- Vietnam’s cancer rate worsen in 2020
- Vietnam needs to ensure uninterrupted care for elderly in pandemic: UNFPA
- Hanoi to conduct Covid-19 test for all National Party Congress delegates
- An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
- Vietnam to test highest dose of Covid-19 vaccine
- From which partners will Vietnam buy Covid-19 vaccine?
- Second human trials of Covid-19 vaccine expected to start this month
- Ministry of Health to cut 30% administrative procedures
Vietnam records 82 new Covid-19 community infections
The 3rd Day of National Congress: Picking Central Party members
Hanoi people put high expectations on the 13th National Party Congress
Vietnam c.bank stands firm on keeping macro-economic stability
Agent Orange trial made headlines in France
Vietnam to launch secondary market for corporate bonds this year
13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility