Vietnam Airlines limits passengers per flight to HCMC, Danang
The Hanoitimes - The national airline announced on April 5 to limit the number of passengers per flight to Ho Chi Minh City to ensure testing passengers for Covid-19.
National carrier Vietnam Airlines will limit the number of passengers on flights to Ho Chi Minh City from April 6 to 15 following the aviation authority’ request to ensure that all the passengers arriving at Tan Son Nhat International Airport are tested for the SARS-CoV-2.
|Vietnam Airlines' crew|
The national flag carrier will limit less than 180 passengers on Boeing 787 or Airbus A350 aircraft, and no more than 120 passengers on Airbus A321 aircraft. The full capacities of the corresponding airplanes are 274, 305 and 184.
According to Vietnam Airlines, if the number of arrivals to Ho Chi Minh City via the Tan Son Nhat International Airport continues to rise, competent agencies may quarantine them before giving them medical tests for the virus.
At the same time, the airline also announced it will adjust flight frequency on the routes between Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang after the central city decreed a 14-day quarantine period for passengers arriving from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, the country’s epidemic-hit cities.
Vietnam Airlines will operate three roundtrip flights per week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday on routes between Hanoi – Danang, Ho Chi Minh City – Danang; one roundtrip flight per day between Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City.
Other domestic air routes continue to be temporarily suspended until further notice.
- Vietnam ranks fourth on Agoda 2020 travel wishlist
- Vietnam localities need 'specialties' to lure tourists
- Vietnam among most searched places for visiting once travel ban lifted
- Where to see ripening rice fields in North Vietnam
- Domestic air travel surges in Vietnam
- Vietnamese enterprises build unique regional products to attract tourists
- Vietnamese people to travel confidently domestically: Google
- Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay listed among 50 most beautiful natural wonders: Insider
- Hanoi, HCMC among most popular travel destinations in Asia
- Leonardo DiCaprio calls for protection of Halong Bay’s sister in Vietnam
Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread