March 23: Vietnam reports 10 new coronavirus cases, infection toll hits 123
The Hanoitimes - A doctor in Hanoi who is responsible for treating Covid-19 patients is among the infected cases today.
The number of coronavirus-infected people in Vietnam reached 123 as of Monday after the list was added with 10 more cases in the day.
The additional cases are mostly returnees from Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Czech, the Netherlands, and the US, according to the Ministry of Health.
|Vietnam confirmed 10 new cases on March 23. Photo: VnExpress|
Two out of the 10 new patients are one American and one Canadian both living in Ho Chi Minh City.
The remaining eight are Vietnamese, including three in Mekong delta provinces of Long An, An Giang, and Ben Tre, one in the central province of Ha Tinh, and an overseas student in Hanoi.
Notably, a doctor in Hanoi responsible for treating Covid-19 patients is among the newly-detected cases. Local media reported that nearly 160 medical staff and patients linked to the doctor have been quarantined.
The latest cases have lifted the toll in Hanoi to 38. Ho Chi Minh follows with 30, Binh Thuan with 9, and Danang with 5.
Of the coronavirus patients in the country, 31 or one fourth are foreigners.
So far, 17 people have totally recovered and no death has been report in the country.
Source: Ministry of Health. Chart: Linh Pham
- April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
- Hanoi-based infectious catering firm asked to halt operations
- April 1: Vietnam’s Covid-19 case toll climbs to 218
- Japan-based firm supports Vietnam to produce ventilators for coronavirus patients
- How quick coronavirus testing stations in Hanoi work?
- March 31: Vietnam finds four new coronavirus cases
- March 30: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases jump to 203, Bach Mai Hospital count hits 33
- Makeshift hospital built in Bach Mai Hospital, new corona hot spot in Hanoi
- Hanoi: 27 Covid-19 patients cured and discharged from hospital
- Strengthen pandemic countermeasures, Vietnam health ministry tells hospitals
Hanoi protests Beijing over sinking Vietnamese fishing boat in South China Sea
April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
Vietnam Fin Min expands fiscal stimulus package to US$7.64 billion
Hanoi to revise economic growth target as coronavirus fight intensifies
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19