March 23: Vietnam reports 10 new coronavirus cases, infection toll hits 123
The Hanoitimes - A doctor in Hanoi who is responsible for treating Covid-19 patients is among the infected cases today.
The number of coronavirus-infected people in Vietnam reached 123 as of Monday after the list was added with 10 more cases in the day.
The additional cases are mostly returnees from Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Czech, the Netherlands, and the US, according to the Ministry of Health.
|Vietnam confirmed 10 new cases on March 23. Photo: VnExpress|
Two out of the 10 new patients are one American and one Canadian both living in Ho Chi Minh City.
The remaining eight are Vietnamese, including three in Mekong delta provinces of Long An, An Giang, and Ben Tre, one in the central province of Ha Tinh, and an overseas student in Hanoi.
Notably, a doctor in Hanoi responsible for treating Covid-19 patients is among the newly-detected cases. Local media reported that nearly 160 medical staff and patients linked to the doctor have been quarantined.
The latest cases have lifted the toll in Hanoi to 38. Ho Chi Minh follows with 30, Binh Thuan with 9, and Danang with 5.
Of the coronavirus patients in the country, 31 or one fourth are foreigners.
So far, 17 people have totally recovered and no death has been report in the country.
Source: Ministry of Health. Chart: Linh Pham
- Vietnam PM appoints acting health minister
- Coronavirus-stricken UK pilot in Vietnam to return home on July 12
- Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Vietnam to conduct human trial of Covid-19 vaccine
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Vietnam gains first success with home-made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
- Vietnam hospital prepares to send British Covid-19 patient home
- British pilot in Vietnam no longer needs lung transplant
US committed to making US-Vietnam ties “a model of international cooperation and partnership”: Pompeo
US companies continue to see tremendous investment opportunities in Vietnam
Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
Vietnam commended for improving access to e-public services
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget