March 23: Vietnam reports 10 new coronavirus cases, infection toll hits 123
The Hanoitimes - A doctor in Hanoi who is responsible for treating Covid-19 patients is among the infected cases today.
The number of coronavirus-infected people in Vietnam reached 123 as of Monday after the list was added with 10 more cases in the day.
The additional cases are mostly returnees from Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Czech, the Netherlands, and the US, according to the Ministry of Health.
|Vietnam confirmed 10 new cases on March 23. Photo: VnExpress|
Two out of the 10 new patients are one American and one Canadian both living in Ho Chi Minh City.
The remaining eight are Vietnamese, including three in Mekong delta provinces of Long An, An Giang, and Ben Tre, one in the central province of Ha Tinh, and an overseas student in Hanoi.
Notably, a doctor in Hanoi responsible for treating Covid-19 patients is among the newly-detected cases. Local media reported that nearly 160 medical staff and patients linked to the doctor have been quarantined.
The latest cases have lifted the toll in Hanoi to 38. Ho Chi Minh follows with 30, Binh Thuan with 9, and Danang with 5.
Of the coronavirus patients in the country, 31 or one fourth are foreigners.
So far, 17 people have totally recovered and no death has been report in the country.
Source: Ministry of Health. Chart: Linh Pham
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
- August 23: Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll rises to 27
- 3 hospitals in Hanoi suspended for failing to comply with anti-pandemic protocols
Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
Lawfare in the South China Sea weighs on with EU Three rejection
How significant is Vietnam-US oil and gas cooperation?
Hanoi authorities to conduct public satisfation survey
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread