nCoV: Vietnam reports 7 infected cases, quanrantines 27
The infected people include two Chinese, four Vietnamese, and one American.
Vietnam has recorded seven people infected with the Wuhan coronavirus (nCoV) and 27 others are in quarantine as of February 2, according to the latest data of the Vietnamese Ministry of Health.
|Vietnam isolates 32 suspected people|
The confirmed cases include two Chinese nationals (one totally recovered), three Vietnamese people coming back to the country from China’s Wuhan City on January 17, one American who did transit in Wuhan, and one Vietnamese in Khanh Hoa province who got infected from the two Chinese tourists.
The quarantined people consist of 21 in the central coastal city of Da Nang, one of tourist hubs welcoming millions of foreign visitors per year, with the majority being Chinese.
The remaining includes four in Ho Chi Minh City who all were been in China (three French nationals who stayed in Wuhan city and one Vietnamese citizen who transited in Wuhan for two hours); four in the northern coastal city of Haiphong (one Chinese man and two Vietnamese men coming back from Wuhan city and Hubei province, China); two in the central coastal province of Binh Thuan (one Chinese man and a Vietnamese female student returning to the country from Taiwan).
They are among 97 suspected cases detected so far across the country, 65 of them have tested negative with the nCoV. In addition, 43 others are being isolated and monitored for having contacted with the infected.
A Vietnamese national has been infected with the virus and is under treatment in China's Jiangxi province, according to the Vietnamese embassy in China.
Vietnam is making efforts to categorize suspected cases and quarantine them when needed to curb the epidemic.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc declared the national epidemic of nCoV on February 1.
The death toll from the new coronavirus has hit 304 while the number of confirmed cases in China has reached 14,380. Other 174 cases have been confirmed in 26 places outside China.
- People-centered approach matters to subregion development in ASEAN: Vietnamese PM
- Vietnam works with WHO, CDC on Omicron variant
- Vietnamese President arrives in Moscow, affirming 70-year special ties with Russia
- Vietnam's warship arrives in Indonesia port for ASEAN-Russia Naval Exercise
- Health sector wants to suspend flights to/from Omicron-affected countries
- Vietnam promotes production of Covid-19 drugs, vaccines
- EFTA – spotlight in Vietnamese President’s visit to Switzerland
- Vietnamese PM puts forth priorities to bolster cooperation in ASEM
- Denmark supports Vietnam US$1 mln in improving quality of official statistics
- Vietnamese President leaves for Switzerland, Russia visits
Vietnam to complete vaccination program for adults by mid-December: PM
Avoiding economic disruption key for Vietnam to stay competitive: JETRO
Vietnamese composers win Music Against Child Labour song competition
Fostering creativity from Hanoi’s cultural resources
Wild pear flower season comes early on the streets of Hanoi
Businesses recovery vital for Vietnam’s economic prospects: Expert
Safe, flexible adaptation to Covid-19 remains priority for Vietnam in 2022
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam