Nearly 35,000 returnees from Covid-19 regions to Hanoi tested negative for coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi has recorded 36 cases, with health authorities saying that the outbreak could last longer if drastic measures to control the disease are not taken.
The Hanoi Department of Health on February 21 reported 34,600 returnees from the northern epicenter of Hai Duong province and other pandemic-hit areas have tested negative for the novel coronavirus.
The Medical Center of Thanh Xuan district in Hanoi takes samples for people returning from Hai Duong. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
As of February 21, the number of returnees from Cam Giang district, a Covid-19 hotspot in Hai Duong province, stands at 2,388, of which 2,368 have been tested in Hanoi. More than 1,900 people have tested negative while the results of the rest are pending, the municipal health department reported.
The number of returnees from other parts of Hai Duong province and 11 high risk provinces and cities from February 2 is 46,460 people, of them, 44,355 people have taken Covid-19 test and 32,692 people tested negative. The results of the rest are still pending, the department added.
Hanoi has gone five days without confirming any new cases of Covid-19. At the time of writing, Hanoi has recorded 36 cases, with health authorities saying that the outbreak could last longer if drastic measures to control the disease are not taken.
There have been 791 cases confirmed across Vietnam since the pandemic resurgence late January. Quang Ninh is the country’s second latest Covid-19 outbreak with its first case being detected on January 28. The infection has since then spread to 13 other cities and provinces.
Vietnam has so far had 2,383 cases, 627 of them active.
- Hanoi Mayor appoints Director of Finance Department
- Toddler falling off 12th floor balcony in Hanoi discharged from hospital
- Hanoi likely to reopen relics and religious sites on March 8
- Hanoi ready to restart socio-economic activities with Covid-19 under control: Mayor
- Hanoi targets to have 900 enterprises in supporting industries this year
- Hanoi Party leader inspects works serving SEA Games 31
- Prime Minister praises man for bravely saving toddler from falling death
- VIWASE proposes one more water plant for Hanoi’s water supply
- Hanoi industrial production expands 7.5% in Jan-Feb
- Hanoi reopens indoor eateries and cafes
Vietnam ready for its first vaccination program on March 8
Share of female management in FDI highest among Vietnam economic sectors
Vietnam GDP growth projected to strengthen to 6.5% in 2021: IMF
Domestic tourism stimulation: March promotions launched
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
Online schooling - a challenge for students and teachers
Vietnam Airlines attendant prosecuted for spreading Covid-19