Over 98% Vietnam enterprises pay taxes online
The Hanoitimes - From January 1 to August 19, enterprises have carried out over 2.23 million transactions related to online tax payment with a combined amount of US$17.75 billion.
As of the end of August, nearly 778,000 enterprises, or 98.1% of the total in Vietnam, have paid taxes online while the number filing tax return online reached 99.3% of the total, according to the General Department of Taxation (GDT).
|Over 98% Vietnam enterprises have paid taxes online.|
From January 1 to August 19, enterprises have carried out over 2.23 million transactions related to online tax payment with a combined amount of US$17.75 billion.
Over the past years, Vietnam’s tax authorities have been promoting IT application in the tax payment process, in turn creating convenience and helping enterprises save costs.
In 2020, the GDT has targeted to integrate 93 administrative procedures at online advanced stages of 3 and 4 into the national public services portal. 120 procedures have been integrated so far, or 130% of the target.
As of August, state budget revenue declined by 8.1% year-on-year to VND752.6 trillion (US$32.45 billion), or 60% of the estimate. Of the total, revenue from crude oil exports stood at VND25.41 trillion (US$1.09 billion), down 35.6% year-on-year or 72.4% of the estimate; and domestic revenue at VND727.13 trillion (US$31.35 billion), down 6.7% year-on-year or 59.6% of the estimate.
The GDT attributed a lower state budget revenue against the same period of last year to the Covid-19 economic impacts and the government’s supporting programs in the form of deferrals of taxes payment.
- Vietnam bond market posts strongest growth among emerging East Asia in 9 months
- Vietnam c.bank set for 5th policy rate cut to realize GDP growth target
- Covid-19 puts Vietnam under pressure for digital transformation: VCCI
- Covid-19 accelerates digital transformation process of Vietnam banking sector
- Five priorities of Vietnam c.bank under new governor
- Reasons why Vietnam remains world’s 4 best performing stock markets
- Vietnam gov't mandated to narrow fiscal deficit to 4% of GDP in 2021
- Vietnam banks performance improves with economic recovery: Fitch Ratings
- Vietnam finance ministry strive to improve budget transparency
- ASEAN urged to enhance cooperation to stay strong in Covid aftermath
Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
Hoan Kiem lake, fantastic place in the heart of Hanoi
European businesses see Q4 investment more promising in Vietnam
How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam