Seven must-visit locations for coffee drinkers in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - Some coffee shops in the Old Quarter area that were also mentioned in the blog include Blackbird Coffee and Gấu Coffee and Bakery, which are emerging as the fairly beautiful coffee destinations.
Sprudge, a US blog focusing on "coffee news and gossip", has recently listed seven modern coffee shops across Hanoi, the capital city of Vietnam, that are worth a visit by coffee lovers.
|Illustrative Image: Sprudge.|
Not the widely-known franchise Cong Café, which goes global with the opening in South Korea or Malaysia, not the decades-old cafés that were noted in some articles on CNN, etc. but it’s the “Third Wave coffee shops” that are building a new side to Vietnamese coffee.
“The city still maintains a sprawling and engrained everyman’s cafe culture. Until recently, the Vietnamese were firmly dedicated to their own coffee tradition, making art of roasting and brewing thick, brain-shudderingly strong Robustas”, Sprudge wrote.
But the new generation of coffee shops combining the best of the country’s beans with the imported coffees to make absolute fancy and inspiring beverages to enjoy.
If Kafeville was heeded as “a key role in driving the city’s movement for better coffee over the past three years” with coffee poured-over and roasted right in their shop, Tranquil Books & Coffee provides visitors “a little corner of calm” with fancy coffee and books in unending chaos of Hanoi.
Some coffee shops in the Old Quarter area that were also mentioned in the blog include Blackbird Coffee and Gấu Coffee and Bakery, which are emerging as the fairly beautiful coffee destinations amid the art stores, tailors, noodle shops or classic colonial architecture.
Other café shops including Atelier Coffee, D’codeS Coffee Lab, and Simple Coffee were also listed as favorable destinations for coffee drinkers in Hanoi.
- Polish cuisine: Legacy of centuries-long recipes and quintessence of creativeness
- Seven must-visit locations for coffee drinkers in Hanoi
- Craft beer festival held in Danang to promote awareness on social and environmental issues
- Exploring a two-decade-old “Chao suon” cart vendor in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Che – chilling dessert that rescues your scorching summer day
- World Tapas Day in Vietnam: When Spanish food honored worldwide
- Azcentral lists the best yet unknown essential Vietnamese dishes
- Ho Chi Minh City among world’s best places for foodies to explore
- Hanoi’s decade-old café delights foreign visitors with egg beer
- Ho Chi Minh City among world’s most vegan-friendly cities
No technology can radically clean Hanoi's polluted river if sewage not treated: Mayor
Vietnam, US sign agreement on customs cooperation
Hanoi wants to learn Sweden’s development experiences
Vietnam, Germany endorse action plan for 2020-2021, rule-based order highlighted
Vietnam to launch national public services portal on December 9
Hanoi ensures water supply for its residents
Hanoi considers banning cyclos to reduce traffic congestion
Vietnam to champion ‘cohesive’ ASEAN in 2020 amid more assertive China
Every craft village in Hanoi to receive US$8,600 for environmental impact assessment