S.Korea’s SK Group sets up US$860-million investment fund in Vietnam
The Hanoitimes - Both SK Group and South Korea’s National Pension Service (NPS) would contribute US$430 million to the fund.
South Korea’s conglomerate SK Group along with the National Pension Service (NPS) has launched a US$860-million fund to invest in Vietnamese companies, through which the South Korean conglomerate could ramp up investment in Vietnam’s two biggest companies – Vingroup and Masan Group, the Korean Investors reported.
For the corporate partnership (COPA) fund, NPS and SK will contribute US$430 million, respectively. It will be managed by South Korea’s SKS Private Equity and Stonebridge Capital, according to investment banking sources on December 18.
The NPS-SK fund comes after SK Group invested US$1 billion to buy a 6.1% stake in Vietnam’s biggest company Vingroup in May, thus becoming the latter’s strategic investor.
Last September, SK Group invested US$470 million to purchase 110 million treasury shares of Vietnam’s Masan Group Corporation, equivalent to a 9.5% stake, becoming Masan’s largest foreign shareholder.
Moreover, SK Group has provided a non-refundable grant worth US$30 million to facilitate the development of the National Innovation Center (NIC) in Vietnam.
Alongside the investments, SK Group received an option to co-invest in new businesses with the Vietnamese companies and priority rights to make an equity investment for their M&A deals and to buy a stake in units of the Vietnamese groups when they are floated on the stock market.
In a meeting with Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc in June, SK Group’s Chairman Chey Tae-won said the group is committed to long-term business in Vietnam and willing to support the country’s initiatives for development in the future.
- Vietnam food Vlog platform Capichi launched in Hanoi
- Vietnam remains attractive to PE funds in 2020 despite Covid-19
- EVFTA spices up German healthcare companies’ appetite for Vietnam
- Vietnam needs US$111 billion investment in SDGs by 2030: StanChart
- FDI inflow to Vietnam sees good year ahead
- EVFTA to trigger high-quality FDI flows into Vietnam: AHK
- Vietnam SDGs offer US$46 billion opportunity for private investors: StanChart
- Vietnamese infrastructure policy earns investors’ thumbs-up
- S.Korea’s SK Group sets up US$860-million investment fund in Vietnam
- Vietnam remains top destination for cross-border investment: Survey
Hanoi searches coronavirus at city entrances
What businesses in Hanoi remain operational during nationwide isolation?
Vietnam provides US$1.3-billion relief package for corona-hit vulnerable people
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19
Hanoi implements effective solutions against Covid-19 pandemic
Hanoi’s streets become deserted due to business restriction order