South Korea tightens visa application requirements for Vietnamese travelers
The Hanoitimes - For a trouble-free verification of the financial situation, Vietnamese visa applicants must submit proof of their savings of at least US$5,000.
South Korea has issued some new visa requirements for Vietnamese citizens who travel to the country via tour packages.
Accordingly, Vietnamese applicants from November 18 have to attach their original passbooks to their visa applications instead of their photocopies or confirmation from banks.
According to the official website of Korea Visa Application Center in Hanoi, all tour operators must submit their clients’ original passbooks, which will be returned after verification.
For a trouble-free verification of the financial situation, Vietnamese visa applicants must submit proof of their savings of at least US$5,000. The sum of money must be deposited into their savings account at least one month before the submission.
A tour operator recommended tourists prepare additional documents including copies of their labor contracts, the original leave permission letter, business license, among others, to increase the chance of being approved of their applications.
The South Korean government decided to temporarily waive fees for short-term visa applications for citizens from ASEAN countries to increase the chances of ASEAN countries' visitors to South Korea since October 1st this year.
The end of the year is the peak time for tourists to visit South Korea to sightseeing the maple tree forests.
- Vietnam tourism develops unique, unusual tours to lure visitors in 2021
- New Vietnamese platform of vacation exchange debuts
- Vietnam tourism sector to “Link, Act and Develop” in 2021
- Four tourism ideas for winter
- Tourism and cuisine of the eastern Mekong River Delta showcased in Binh Phuoc Province
- Hanoi welcomes first domestic tourists on first day of 2021
- Hanoi targets welcoming up to 19 million visitors in 2021
- Hanoi travel agencies join hand to overcome Covid-19 pandemic
- Hanoi targets green, sustainable tourism
- Hanoi tour operators adapt to Covid-19
Hanoi sets five orientations to ensure success of 13th National Party Congress tenure 2021-25
Vietnam steel export in 2021 set to grow further
Hanoi gives gifts to needy workers
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility
Vietnam, Australia to strengthen ties to strategic partnership by 2023
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic