South Korea tightens visa application requirements for Vietnamese travelers
The Hanoitimes - For a trouble-free verification of the financial situation, Vietnamese visa applicants must submit proof of their savings of at least US$5,000.
South Korea has issued some new visa requirements for Vietnamese citizens who travel to the country via tour packages.
Accordingly, Vietnamese applicants from November 18 have to attach their original passbooks to their visa applications instead of their photocopies or confirmation from banks.
According to the official website of Korea Visa Application Center in Hanoi, all tour operators must submit their clients’ original passbooks, which will be returned after verification.
For a trouble-free verification of the financial situation, Vietnamese visa applicants must submit proof of their savings of at least US$5,000. The sum of money must be deposited into their savings account at least one month before the submission.
A tour operator recommended tourists prepare additional documents including copies of their labor contracts, the original leave permission letter, business license, among others, to increase the chance of being approved of their applications.
The South Korean government decided to temporarily waive fees for short-term visa applications for citizens from ASEAN countries to increase the chances of ASEAN countries' visitors to South Korea since October 1st this year.
The end of the year is the peak time for tourists to visit South Korea to sightseeing the maple tree forests.
- Vietnamese travel businesses struggle with Covid-19 again
- Vietnam transport ministry eyes resumption of international flights
- Vietnamese travelers to benefits from post-Covid-19 tourism incentives
- Promos launched to revive Hanoi's tourism
- “Stay at home with Vietnam” online tour launched for foreigners in Covid-19 time
- Hard hit by Covid-19, Vietnam tourism companies go online
- Vietnam Airlines U-turns to transport passengers from Europe to Vietnam
- Hanoi craft villages urged to apply new technologies to promote products
- Vietnam tourism industry prepares post-epidemic plans
- Vietnam tourism industry takes strong hit from cororavirus
PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
Vietnam: Fifteen Covid-19 convalescents volunteer to donate plasma
Hanoi receives donation of 10,000 test kits to combat Covid-19
Hanoi's longest wall-painting road
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors