“Stay at home with Vietnam” online tour launched for foreigners in Covid-19 time
The Hanoitimes - There are still plenty of ways to experience Vietnam from home when travelers have put away their passports temporarily.
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism in collaboration with the Tourism Advisory Board on April 20 launched a virtual tour package named “Stay at home with Vietnam” for those who are not able to visit Vietnam during the Covid-19 pandemic to discover many unique and interesting destinations in the country from their homes.
|Tours of UNESCO-recognized heritage sites|
The tour package will help travelers, who had to postpone or cancel trips to Vietnam, explore breathtaking destinations and enjoy delicious cuisine and unique culture of Vietnam through the website: vietnam.travel/things-to-do/stay-at-home.
Without leaving home, the travelers can explore 360-degree tours of six UNESCO world heritage-listed sites such as Halong Bay in Quang Ninh province and Phong Nha Caves in Quang Binh province. They can explore Vietnamese recipes and try cooking them at home such as bun cha (rice noodle served with grilled pork meatballs), cao lau noodles, or banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich).
|Taste Vietnamese dishes|
The virtual travelers can paint pictures of Vietnamese food, cultural icons and typical architecture; watch a series of “MyVietnam” videos featuring 10 different destinations across the country; and learn about the Vietnamese culture through Vietnamese books, songs, traditional artworks, and TV series.
|Learn about Vietnamese culture|
The tourism authorities expected the package will provide useful information about Vietnam, then connect the country with international travelers so as for them to visit the country in the future.
|Try a virtual background|
- Foreign travel agencies plans to bring tourists to Vietnam early 2021
- Vietnam resumes stimulus tourism activities as Covid-19 put under control
- Vietnam launches Green Travel webpage to boost responsible tourism
- Vietnamese travel businesses struggle with Covid-19 again
- Vietnam transport ministry eyes resumption of international flights
- Vietnamese travelers to benefits from post-Covid-19 tourism incentives
- Promos launched to revive Hanoi's tourism
- “Stay at home with Vietnam” online tour launched for foreigners in Covid-19 time
- Hard hit by Covid-19, Vietnam tourism companies go online
- Vietnam Airlines U-turns to transport passengers from Europe to Vietnam
Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread