Vietnam health ministry issues Covid-19 treatment guidance
The Hanoitimes - According to the regimen, the general principle of treatment for Covid-19 patients is to classify patients and determine the severity of suspected cases.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health on March 26 issued a regimen for diagnosis and treatment of acute respiratory infections caused by the new coronavirus (SARS-Covid-2), Lao Dong newspaper reported.
This is a complete treatment regimen for Covid-19 patients, replacing previous diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines.
A doctor examines three-month-old baby with Covid-19 disease. Photo: Tuan Dung/Lao Dong
According to the regimen, the general principle of treatment for Covid-19 patients is to classify patients and determine the severity of suspected cases. Severe cases are subject for checkup, monitoring, isolation at health facilities and sample collection for diagnosis.
Those identified as patient should be completely isolated. Those showing minor sufferings such as upper respiratory tract infection and mild pneumonia are treated at regular inpatient treatment rooms.
More severe cases with severe pneumonia and sepsis would be treated in the emergency room of intensive care units.
Critical cases with severe respiratory failure, ARDS, septic shock, multi-organ failure would be referred to intensive care.
Due to the absence of specific treatment drugs for Covid-19 disease, supportive and symptomatic treatment is essential. Doctors would provide personalized treatment measures for each patient, especially serious cases. Some research therapies approved by the health ministry may be applied.
Doctors must also follow up to detect and promptly handle serious conditions and complications of the disease.
- May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots