Hanoi keens on boosting key industrial products
The Hanoitimes - Nearly 120 products of 77 enterprises have been recognized as Hanoi’s spearhead industrial products, marking a turnover of US$8.6 billion in 2020.
Hanoi sets target to have 100-120 manufacturers of industrial products in the 2021-25 period, providing 150-180 products to be recognized as key ones.
This is a goal of the Hanoi’s program of manufacturing key industrial products in the next five year, in which the manufacturers are expected to contribute to 40-50% of the city’s industrial production value and 20-25% of its total export and import revenues by 2025.
|Nearly 200 products from 77 companies are recognized as Hanoi's key industrial products. Photo: Thu Huong|
According to a report of the Department of Industry and Trade, the city has currently 77 qualified industrial product manufacturers, making total estimated revenue of VND200 trillion (US$8.63 billion) in 2020, in which their export earnings reached nearly US$2 billion.
Nearly 120 products from 77 manufacturers have been recognized as Hanoi's key industrial products after three years (2018-20) the city implemented a program on the development of flagship industrial products.
Of these manufacturers, 21 obtained revenues of more than VND1 trillion (US$43 million), specifically one of them obtained more than VND40 trillion (US$1.7 billion) in revenue, while seven companies made a turnover of more than VND5 trillion (US$216.2 million).
There are also 15 manufacturers of high-tech products and ten companies with foreign investment including Toto, Canon and Panasonic.
The department said that many of the targets set for the 2018-20 period have been achieved and exceeded. The number of recognized key industrial products exceeded the target set for the period by 146.25%.
Basing on achievements and deficiencies, the department said it will map out specific support mechanisms and policies for manufacturers of cutting-edge industrial products in the city, encouraging companies to participate in the project.
The city’s departments and branches are assigned to support the industrial product manufacturers by enhancing administrative reform, simplify and create favorable conditions for enterprises to manufacture and sell key industrial products.
- PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
- Vietnam pharmaceutical production to become more research-based industry: Fitch Solutions
- Aviation association seeks state support for US$1.16-billion credit package
- Share of female management in FDI highest among Vietnam economic sectors
- Vietnam may rely on West African crude oil as domestic output falters: S&P
- Local super producers to benefit from trade defense measures
- Vietnam c.bank consider to provide refinancing loans for Vietnam Airlines’ lenders
- PM hints at dissolution and bankruptcy for loss-making mega projects
- Vietnam slips in Mastercard Index of Women Entrepreneurs
- PM urges improved finance mechanism for state-run PetroVietnam
Vietnam Ao dai Week 2021 has been strongly responded
Vietnam begins Covid-19 vaccination today
Domestic tourism stimulation: March promotions launched
PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
Online schooling - a challenge for students and teachers
Vietnam Airlines attendant prosecuted for spreading Covid-19