Vietnam launches postage stamps to promote combat against Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam on March 31 released two sheets of stamps under the theme “Joining hands to prevent and combat Covid-19” to cheer up those who are fighting the pandemic.
The Ministries of Information and Communications and Health and Vietnam Post Corporation (Vietnam Post) on March 31 issued two sets of stamps aiming at raising the awareness and responsibility of the citizens in the prevention and control of the Covid-19 pandemic.
|One stamp set costing VND4,000 (US$0.16)|
The distribution of the stamps has a special meaning in the context of the coronavirus spread in Vietnam and in the world, according to Vietnam Post.
One stamp set costing VND4,000 (US$0.16) features physicians, army men and policemen in the fight against the pandemic, painted in graphic style. The other worth VND15,000 (US$0.63) is designed with images of physicians who are researching anti-coronavirus treatment.
|Another stamp worth VND15,000 (US$0.63)|
The stamps, having a size of 31x46 mm, are designed by artist Pham Trung Ha from Vietnam Post.
The stamps will be distributed nationwide and 192 member countries and territories of the Universal Postal Union. The stamps are valid until December 31, 2021.
- Colorful “Hanoi – a green destination” lures massive tourists
- Exhibition on Vietnam old-time propaganda paintings opens in Hanoi
- Dragon dance livens up pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem lake
- Golden Bridge brings Vietnam photographer Best Architecture Photo Contest 2020
- Diverse cultural activities in Hanoi held to celebrate national holidays
- Photo taken by British photographer in Hanoi wins Grand Prize in US contest
- Online fine art exhibition held to mark 45th anniversary of national reunification
- Paintings about life in quarantine area inspire Vietnamese people
- Vietnamese photographers shortlisted at Sony World Photography Awards 2020
- Vietnam in the world best photos of #Water2020
Hanoi runs RT-PCR test on nearly 100,000 returnees from Danang
Vietnam former Party chief passes away
Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
Vietnam committed to building united and resilient ASEAN Community: FM
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors