Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
The Hanoitimes - The Ministry of Public Security and relevant agencies are requested to control illegal actions at the bars and karaoke parlors.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has agreed to allow bars and karaoke parlors to reopen as the country has contained Covid-19 and seeks to reboot its economy.
|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc concludes the meeting on June 9. Photo: VGP.|
At a government meeting on June 9, PM Phuc requested Ministry of Public Security and relevant agencies to control illegal actions at the bars and karaoke parlors.
The prime minister stated that Vietnam has normalized socioeconomic activities when going 54 days without new Covid-19 infection reported in the community.
From mid-March, all bars, karaoke parlors and other non-essential services were required to suspend operations to curb Covid-19.
On May 7, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc allowed the resumption of non-essential services, except for bars and karaoke parlors, after the country had undergone 21 days without local Covid-19 transmission.
Many owners of bars and karaoke parlors have struggled with financial issues during the period of the closure, even some went bankrupt.
Vietnam last month allowed resumption of religious gatherings and football matches filled with fans.
As of June 9, the country has confirmed 332 cases and zero deaths. According to the Ministry of Health, 316 out of the total patients have been discharged from hospital so far.
- Hanoi to host 23 sport competitions in SEA Games 31
- Hanoi to host program kicking off SEA Games 31
- Hanoi hosts 11th European-Vietnamese Documentary Film Festival
- Hanoi hosts Shining Full Moon program
- Vietnamese users like variety in content on Youtube
- Hanoi hosts German Film Festival 2020
- Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
Vietnam, Laos resume flights
Big unexploded bomb removed from downtown Hanoi
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 2.4% to US$17.2 billion in Jan-Nov
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam