Vietnam among most searched places for visiting once travel ban lifted
The Hanoitimes - Travelers start to make a list of destinations they want to escape to when Covid-19 is under control.
Vietnam ranked 31st among the most searched places for a post-lockdown holiday as travel restrictions have prevented tourists from jetting off across the world on holiday, according to Official ESTA, the US visa service company.
|Bac Son, Lang Son province. Photo: Vu Minh Quan (Facebook)|
Using Google Keyword Planner, the company analyzed the countries whose people are looking for their post lockdown travels by searching terms such as “Flights to X” and “Holidays in X”. Vietnam is searched 628,000 times each year, according to the report.
Italy is the most searched place among 220 countries and territories, followed by Maldives, Mexico, Thailand, Spain, Canada, Greece, Turkey, Japan and Australia. Meanwhile, some countries including Georgia, India, the US had zero searches for post lockdown travel.
Earlier, The Independent ranked Vietnam as the safest place to travel on holidays this summer.
Despite sharing a long border with China and a population of 97 million people, the Southeast Asian country’s swift reaction to the pandemic in early January, which involved travel restrictions, intensive contact tracing, the monitoring and eventual closure of the border with China, has stemmed the pandemic.
Professor Guy Thwaites, director of Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) in Ho Chi Minh City, said the Vietnamese government “very, very quickly acted in ways which seemed to be quite extreme at the time but were subsequently shown to be rather sensible”, according to the Independent’s article.
- Hanoi to link with other localities to boost tourism growth
- Covid-19 slices US$23 billion from Vietnam's tourism revenue
- Vietnam’s rice terraces listed among 50 most beautiful places in 2020
- Vietnam cultural tourism targets US$8-billion annual revenue by 2030
- Hanoi listed among world’s best 10 cities for cycling enthusiasts
- Vietnam starts projecting itself as safe destination post-Covid
- Covid-19 deals heavy blow to Vietnam's inbound tourism in Jan-Oct
- Hanoi's domestic tourism rebounds in October
- Vietnam tourism revenue halves in Jan-Sept on Covid-19
- Vietnam launches Safe Vietnam Travel app amid Covid-19
Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
Vietnam targets mutual benefits in relations with China: PM
Xoi – the quintessential comfort food
Hang Trong folk painting - touch of legacy in modern life
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam