Vietnamese banks offer promotion programs after Tet
The Hanoitimes - In the first working day after a long holiday, customers often have high demand to open or withdraw money from saving accounts.
Banks in Vietnam return to operation with promotion programs for customers in the first working day [February 17] after a week long Tet holiday.
|Customers at a branch of NBC Bank in Hanoi. Photo: Pham Hung.|
“I keep coming back to the banks after Tet, partly thanks to their attractive offers and gifts,” said Hoang Anh, a customer from Hai Ba Trung district.
At Nam A Bank, in the first three days after Ter from February 17-19, first customers coming to the bank would receive a lucky money worth VND100,000 (US$4.31).
From February 12-21, customers who complete financial transactions worth at least VND200,000 (US$8.62) via online banking methods such as Open Banking, Mobile Banking, could also receive the lucky money.
In celebration of a new Lunar Year, the Vietnam Maritime Commercial Bank (MSB) offered more than 20,000 gifts to customers opening new bank account or carrying out transactions from now on until March 28.
Once completing transactions worth from VND100,000 (US$4.31) via e-banking, customers would have an opportunity to receive random words that form into meaningful wish in Tet and win lucky money up to VND100,000 (US$4.31).
Lucky money is also offered at Vietcombank, BIDV in the first week after Tet, while Sacombank offers customers a chance of winning prizes worth up to VND6 billion (US$258,583), including a Toyota Fortuner model 2021 of VND1.3 billion (US$56,000) and other prizes.
A bank employee said in the first working day after a long holiday, customers often have high demand to open or withdraw money from saving accounts.
“The number of customers, however, was less than last years,” he said, adding in addition to the Covid-19 impacts, the fact that customers are entitled for bonus when doing online transactions is also a main reason for the fewer number of clients going to bank branches.
- Vietnam, IFC together to promote female management in finance-banking
- MoLISA wants to keep region-based minimum wage unchanged
- Vietnam tax revenue down 1.4% in two-month period
- Stock market authorities to move stocks from HOSE to HNX to ease overload
- Vietnam needs a legal framework to manage cryptocurrency
- Vietnam gov’t to mobilize US$15.4 billion via bond auctions in 2021
- Vietnam targets 70% of statistical products and services be provided on time by 2025
- Listed companies’ strong performance in Q1 indicates bright outlook in 2021
- Banks provide packages to aid enterprises amid 3rd Covid-19 outbreak
- Petrol prices increase from February 25
Vietnam ready for its first vaccination program on March 8
Share of female management in FDI highest among Vietnam economic sectors
Vietnam GDP growth projected to strengthen to 6.5% in 2021: IMF
Domestic tourism stimulation: March promotions launched
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
Online schooling - a challenge for students and teachers
Vietnam Airlines attendant prosecuted for spreading Covid-19