Vietnam finance ministry extends program to support stock market
The reducing and waiver of securities services fees would last until June 30, 2021.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Finance (MoF) has decided to extend the validity period of Circular No.14 that exempts fees for six securities services and lowers the fees for nine others for another 10 months to June 30, 2021 in a move to support traders.
Vietnam's finance ministry has decided to extend a support program for the stock market.
The free services include registration for listing; securities registration; securities borrowing and lending via the Vietnam Securities Depository (VDS); membership registration for derivatives transaction; registration for clearing participant; and first time online connection.
Meanwhile, nine other securities services are subject to reductions from 10% to 50% of the current fees, including a 10% reduction for transaction fees on the share and derivatives market, securities depository; 15 – 20% reduction for position management fee, management of margin assets on the derivatives market; 30 – 50% reduction for management of covered warrants after listing, information registration, stock transfer, auction and competitive offering.
Circular No.14 was enacted on March 18 and was initially set to take effect until August 31 to help stock investors overcome impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
At the close today, Vietnam’s benchmark VN-Index plunged 5.3% to 785.17 as news about the local coronavirus infections in Danang spooked investors. This was the sharpest drop among stock markets globally during Monday’s trading session.
- Hanoi Stock Exchange to stop listing new stocks from July 2023
- Central bank to tighten credit in “overheating” sectors: Governor
- C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
- Vingroup may raise US$2 billion from VinFast’s IPO in US
- State budget collection reaches US$17.52 billion in Q1
- Newly-listed firms on HoSE to temporary switch to HNX
- Vn-Index predicted to hit all-time high of 1,300 pts in April
- Inflation not a source of concern for Vietnam: SSI
- Vietnam stock market watchdog sets reference price for stocks switching to HNX
- Vietnam raises US$1.7 billion via government bonds in Q1
NordCham seeks greater cooperation with Hanoi in green urban development
Sexual violence in conflict: thorny issue bothers UN Security Council
Biden nominates expert on Asia as ambassador to Vietnam
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking