MoF lists 17 market makers for debt market
As market markers, entities have the right to participate in the issuance and repurchase of government bonds and notes via bidding.
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) has released a list of 17 commercial banks and securities firms subject to join the Government bonds market this year, an increase of four new entities compared to the 2020 list.
|Vietnam's government bond segment accounts for 83.8% of the country's total bond stock.|
Under the Decision No.2290/QD-BTC, set to become effect from January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021, those in the list will act as market makers of Government debt instrument.
Market makers are required to submit reports to the MoF for evaluation between November 1 and 10, so that the latter will evaluate the condition to maintain market maker status. Unqualified market markers will receive notice with reasons on why they are excluded from the list.
As market markers, entities have the right to participate in the issuance and repurchase of Government bonds and notes via bidding, as well as playing as the main guarantee organization for the issuance of government bonds.
Market makers will also participate in discussion for drafting new policies for the bond market.
This year’s list includes four securities firms of BIDV Securities Company, Vietcombank Securities Company, Ho Chi Minh Securities Corporation, Saigon – Hanoi Securities Company, and 13 banks with major names, such as BIDV, Vietinbank, Agribank and Military Bank.
Vietnam’s Government bond segment grew 9.1% quarter-on-quarter at the end of September 2020 to reach US$54.7 billion - accounting for 83.8% of the country’s total bond stock, a report from the ADB noted.
This directly contributed to a quarterly growth of 11.6% of the local currency bond market at the end of last September – the fastest quarterly growth rate in emerging East Asia – to reach $65.3 billion.
- The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
- Vietnam's securities accounts surpass 5-million mark
- Finance ministry proposes extending tax payments worth US$870 million for domestic cars
- Foreign capital returns to Vietnam's stock market in 2022: SSI
- Vietnam’s easing monetary policy unlikely to reverse amid Fed’s rate hike
- Shinhan Financial to acquire 10% stake in Vietnamese e-commerce Tiki
- Banks cut lending rates to support businesses
- Gov’t aims at transparent, sustainable stock market
- KEB Hana Bank committed to long-term presence in Vietnam
- Corporate bond issuance in Vietnam declines sharply in Q1
SEA Games 31: Vietnam crowned men’s football champion
SEA Games 31: Vietnam defend women’s football champions
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Hanoi wants to build second int’l airport in Thuong Tin
Hanoi handicrafts attract international SEA Games 31 guests
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19